Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
DirecTV released pricing for MLB Extra Innings today.

It's not availabe to order or on the web site yet, but will be soon.

$169 for renewals

$179 for Early Bird subscribers

Super Fan is $50 extra, for HD, game mix, strike zone channel, and on-receiver stats.

So - $219 for HD Renewals :) I'm ok with that to get almost every game in HD!

Has there been any announcement or word from D* as to how many of the games will actually be in HD this season? I know getting that sat in the area had to help them there.

based on what they are doing with the nba/nhl, we should see almost all games in HD.

Are there any teams that don't do Hd for home games? That is a start to figure out what we won't get. Add in when the home team is Toronto or uses an OTA broadcast and the away feed is not HD, and that adds a few more.

If I had to estimate, I'd say 80% HD in 2008!

Are there any teams that don't do Hd for home games?

I saw a story where Baltamore and Washington DC RSN's doesn't do home games in HD, at least they didn't last year and hasn't made any announcements for what will happen this year.

With hockey, the road games nornmally will be in SD while Home are in HD.
Any word as to if Road games will be in HD, how about having BOTH feedsa, so you can have you own announcers on the road as well.

I know that FSN Detroit will show a road game and have the Tigers announcers, but if they will be in HD or not is still up in the air.

Does the MLB EI have the road teams feed available ?

Jimbo

Have they announced how many games they will be doing in HD this year ? I think it was 10 games a week last year. Does anyone know how many this year ?

they will air as many games in hd as they have on the rsns. They have no bandwith limit.

mlb doesn't limit home vs road games, but doesn't let them do both feeds at once.

Directv has a practice of priortizing the home feed. We don't know if they will prioritize HD or home team, it wasn't an issue last year with the bandwith limitations.

Whatever happens, we will have a lot more HD!

they will air as many games in hd as they have on the rsns. They have no bandwith limit.

mlb doesn't limit home vs road games, but doesn't let them do both feeds at once.

Directv has a practice of priortizing the home feed. We don't know if they will prioritize HD or home team, it wasn't an issue last year with the bandwith limitations.

Whatever happens, we will have a lot more HD!

So, if I buy the MLB EI and want to watch a Tigers Road game and turn it on, do I get the road teams announcers ?
If thats the case, I'm better to stick with the FSN package.

Q.
When the time comes in the year that they decide to drop the price on the MBL EI package, usually around the All Star break.
So it's about $ 239 for the package with HD, when they do the discount I'm guessing it will drop to like $ 209 or maybe $ 200.
For half the season, why don't they at least drop it about half price if they really want to have people use this offer ?

For $ 129 I would consider it, provided my teams are doing well, but not at $ 200.

Jimbo

Jimbo - you're in the Tigers home market (If I remember right) - so you CANT get the EI feed, only FSN detroit.
It would be blacked out.

This would let you get all the other games.

After the all star break it goes down to $119 or so (I think). Not quite half price. They also do another discount with about 4 weeks left for the playoff run - around $59 or so for the last month. I can't remember what they did with superfan price after the all star break.

MLB HD games

I dropped dish last year for directv for the reason they did not bid on MLB EXTRA INNINGS. At that time i remember seeing that most of the games will me in HD. That was part of the setup between directv and MLB. At that time only two teams had a problem on the hd format. Royals and Blue Jays.Since then KC has dropped RSTN and and gone to RSN MIDWEST.The same Rsn that has the Cardnials, and Blues.

I only care about watching Red Sox games which are on NESN. I haven't missed a game in several years (had Comcast). Will DTV continue to carry every game on NESN or do I have to worry about black out issues or anything like that?

I understand that some games are on FOX - but the majority are on NESNHD

I just read on the Milwaukee Brewers site that most Brewers home games will be in HD.

I read somewhere that the Houston FSN facility handles alot of the HD for the affiliate FSN stations (whether true or not, I don't know). I would hope the road games would be in HD. Some of the Red Wing's road games on FSN have been in HD.

Jimbo...even at the new price, MLB EI is worth it. I found over the years, that over the course of April to October, you get alot more for your money than you do with the NFL ST.

I had Extra Innings last year, I am intrested in seeing how many more games in HD. With my local fox sports showing Detroit Tigers and baseball games shown on ESPN, I am going to give it some thought on if its a good investment for me this year. (I know I will end up getting it anyways.....:)

I saw a story where Baltamore and Washington DC RSN's doesn't do home games in HD, at least they didn't last year and hasn't made any announcements for what will happen this year.

actually, there was a story which ran locally last october that some of the birds-nats games would be in hd this season.

Still says up to 10 hd games per week....very disapointing. Not worth 50 bucks.

wrong again. directv specifically said last spring when ei started that every hd game broadcast this season would be shown in hd. i imagine the website hasn't been updated yet since most teacms haven't released their 2008 hd sked yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts