2008 MLB Playoffs

Bill, if Beckett emplodes tomorrow night-who comes in to save the Sox? Will it be Lester? The key for the Red Sox is to score early and often and keep up the momentum from last night. I still don't think the Red Sox are out of the woods yet. Beckett's pitching but it's not vintage Beckett. Frankly, I don't know what the hell he is but he isn't the same pitcher that shut the Yankees out in 03.

Maybe you'll get the vintage Beckett. Think about it. 5 yrs. ago he pitched on the road again in a pressure game and it's a game 6. I don't know Bill. I sweating for you!!! I'm just as nervous, well maybe not just as nervous, as you are.

Mets,
there's a huge debate around here about who should start tonight, Beckett (on six days rest) or Lester (on four days rest).

Camp A: start Beckett, because you have to win both games anyway, so what difference does the order make.

Camp B: start Lester, because you obviously need to win game 6 before you can think about game 7. Also (and this is the theory that I subscribe to), you're more likely for Lester to go deep (7/8 innings) in the game, so IF you win game 6, you'd have a fresher bullpen for an "all hands on deck" game 7.

To get to your question Mets,

I think Byrd will be warming early, with Delcarmen, Masterson, Okajima, Lopez, and Papelbon all ready for late in the game.

I wouldn't expect to see Wakefield or Timlin unless the Sox are up big.

Jimbo,
I'm embarrassed that I didn't memtion Morris in my examples.:eek:

Morris was as good a "money" pitcher that I've ever seen. If you wanted to win a postseason game, then Jack was your man!

BTW, I always liked Dan Petry on those Tigers staffs, he was a good number 2 guy. :up

I do not understand how Jack Morris is not even getting in sniffing distance of the HOF. Best pitcher of the eighties, and several post season wins. He did however piss off a lot of writers, maybe that's why.

Tigers need him more than anyone :D

They can get rid of a few and replace them with one healthy Peavy !

Jimbo

Peavy did not list the Tigers as one of his choices. Look for the Tigers to go the Free Agent route. I don't think they want to trade anymore of their young talent.
Yes, there still is plenty of young arms left in the farm system, unfortunately they're all in class A. 4 of them that throw in the high 90"s. Look in 2010 for them.

I do not understand how Jack Morris is not even getting in sniffing distance of the HOF. Best pitcher of the eighties, and several post season wins. He did however piss off a lot of writers, maybe that's why.

Paul,
that's the same reason why Jim Rice has been kept out of the HOF (at least so far).

Jimbo,
I'm embarrassed that I didn't memtion Morris in my examples.:eek:

Morris was as good a "money" pitcher that I've ever seen. If you wanted to win a postseason game, then Jack was your man!

BTW, I always liked Dan Petry on those Tigers staffs, he was a good number 2 guy. :up

:D

I also like Petry as well as Joe Coleman when he was the # 2 behing Micky Lolich !

Jimbo

:D

I also like Petry as well as Joe Coleman when he was the # 2 behing Micky Lolich !

Jimbo

First game I ever went to was Tigers-Red Sox at Fenway in '75 with my Dad.......Joe Coleman started for the Tigers. :up

Thought of the day (revisited):

"Whatever you do, DON'T let us win tonight!"

- Kevin Millar before game 5 of the 2004 ALCS

Tonight's Starting Lineups

RED SOX

1. Coco Crisp, CF
2. Dustin Pedroia, 2B
3. David Ortiz, DH
4. Kevin Youkilis, 3B
5. J.D. Drew, RF
6. Jason Bay, LF
7. Mark Kotsay, 1B
8. Jed Lowrie, SS
9. Jason Varitek, C

Josh Beckett, P

RAYS

1. Akinori Iwamura, 2B
2. B.J. Upton, CF
3. Carlos Pena, 1B
4. Evan Longoria, 3B
5. Carl Crawford, LF
6. Cliff Floyd, DH
7. Dioner Navarro, C
8. Gabe Gross, RF
9. Jason Bartlett, SS

James Shields, P

WTF???? Is anyone else getting some Dick Clark Blooper show on TBS right now???????? :eek::confused:

Don't even tell me that TBS screwed up the feed from St. Pete!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

You should read some of the message boards.....................

Red Sox Nation is about to BLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad:

Bill... while the delay waits, Boston College is playing Virginia Tech.

That's the thing..........there's no delay, they're playing.

It's just a rumor to us!!!!!! :mad:

Coco just picked off first base. Glad I didn't have to see that.

Who's the biggest NFL disappointment so far this season?

Best World Series of all-time?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)