2008 MLB Playoffs

Unbelievable series.

IMO, the best LDS ever.

The Sox beat a GREAT team and I only pray they have some gas left in their tanks.

WOW!!! My heart's still beating 100mph!:eek:

Bill, the ALCS, IMO, is the epitome of a David vs. Goliath matchup- not in terms of record this year, but when one considers the histories of these franchises.

I woulda put someone in that could drive that ball deep for a sac fly, especially with aybar not doing much this series. But scoscia is easily one of the best managers in the MLB. My heart breaks tonight, but congrats to Boston. 2009 is right around the corner!

What was the season series again between Sox and Tampa? 10-8 Tampa?

I honestly think this is going to be a series for the ages and like you said Sabres, a true David vs Goliath match up. I see this series going no less than 6 and I believe Sox will win.

I woulda put someone in that could drive that ball deep for a sac fly, especially with aybar not doing much this series. But scoscia is easily one of the best managers in the MLB. My heart breaks tonight, but congrats to Boston. 2009 is right around the corner!

And your manager is a class act. I've always liked Scioscia.

And you're right about 2009..............the Halos will be a team to reckon with once again.

Bill, the ALCS, IMO, is the epitome of a David vs. Goliath matchup- not in terms of record this year, but when one considers the histories of these franchises.

Agreed. Of course, I haven't had time to evaluate that series, but I will say it's gonna go 6 or 7 games.

What was the season series again between Sox and Tampa? 10-8 Tampa?

I honestly think this is going to be a series for the ages and like you said Sabres, a true David vs Goliath match up. I see this series going no less than 6 and I believe Sox will win.

Also, Rays 8-1 in Tampa against the Sox and the Sox are obviously 7-2 against the Rays in Boston.

Also, Rays 8-1 in Tampa against the Sox and the Sox are obviously 7-2 against the Rays in Boston.

That's right Mets. The season series was, 6-6 until the last two series in September. Up until then the home team didn't lose a game, but then the Rays took 2 out of 3 at both Fenway and The Trop.

Who will be the ALCS announcers?

Unfortunately, the same that called the Sox-Angels series.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I envy Phillies and Dodgers fans because they get Buck and McCarver. :eek:

Question: Does Buck Martinez EVER come up for air? :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, the same that called the Sox-Angels series.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I envy Phillies and Dodgers fans because they get Buck and McCarver. :eek:

Question: Does Buck Martinez EVER come up for air? :rolleyes:

Why are you envious of a broadcaster who "doesn't enjoy Baseball anymore and chooses to watch the Bachlorette over nightly Sports telecasts during the week."??? :confused:

I think the Cinderella dream ends for Tampa Bay ends here, the Red Sox have too much experience. The Phillies will win in the NL. The bullpen will be the difference. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

I think the Cinderella dream ends for Tampa Bay ends here, the Red Sox have too much experience. The Phillies will win in the NL. The bullpen will be the difference. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

The dream matchup that everyone wants has to be the Red Sox vs. Dodgers....

1) Manny, Derek Lowe and Nomar Garciaparra back in Boston
2) Joe Torre vs. Terry Francona
3) Manny vs. Jason Bay
4) East Coast vs. West Coast (both major TV markets)
5) Chavez Ravine vs. Fenway Park

And to quote writer, Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports, "Manny vs. the Red Sox would be the biggest thing in sports since the Nancy Kerrigan-Tonya Harding showdown at the 1994 Winter Olympics."

I just don't see the appeal for any other matchups.

Phillies vs. Rays? Yuck! :no

Phillies vs. Red Sox? No thanks. :p

Dodgers vs. Rays? Boring. :sleeo

But a Red Sox vs. Dodgers Series?! Now we're talking! :eek::clap

I would rather see LA/Boston myself. It's just that those Phillies won't go away. No love for anything Philadelphia here, but defense and bullpen matter greatly in the post season, and Phiily does both well.

I would rather see LA/Boston myself. It's just that those Phillies won't go away. No love for anything Philadelphia here, but defense and bullpen matter greatly in the post season, and Phiily does both well.

I agree. For the Dodgers to pull off two upsets would be a miracle, but you never know.

Dodgers over the Cubs was more of a "beatdown" than an upset. Besides if you look at the Dodgers pitching over the last month, it's been pretty impressive.

The dream matchup that everyone wants has to be the Red Sox vs. Dodgers....

1) Manny, Derek Lowe and Nomar Garciaparra back in Boston
2) Joe Torre vs. Terry Francona
3) Manny vs. Jason Bay
4) East Coast vs. West Coast (both major TV markets)
5) Chavez Ravine vs. Fenway Park

And to quote writer, Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports, "Manny vs. the Red Sox would be the biggest thing in sports since the Nancy Kerrigan-Tonya Harding showdown at the 1994 Winter Olympics."

I just don't see the appeal for any other matchups.

Phillies vs. Rays? Yuck! :no

Phillies vs. Red Sox? No thanks. :p

Dodgers vs. Rays? Boring. :sleeo

But a Red Sox vs. Dodgers Series?! Now we're talking! :eek::clap

I don't think America- outside of New England that is- would mind seeing the Cinderella Rays.

Any other year, and I would certainly be rooting for the Rays.

Who's the biggest NFL disappointment so far this season?

Best World Series of all-time?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)