2008 Olympics: Do You Care?

How much Olympic coverage will you watch?

• I will be glued to my TV & my DVR has been cleared in preparation!

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • I'll likely be watching every night.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I'll just watch a few events like Basketball and stuff.

Votes: 23 24.0%
  • I might watch some if nothing else is on.

Votes: 20 20.8%
  • I don't care at all about the Olympics.

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • I will make an effort to AVOID the Olympics!

Votes: 9 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
With the opening ceremony in Beijing merely hours away, how much of the Olympic games will YOU be watching?

If nothing else is on, I will watch from time to time. I found the Olympics to be great boring in recent years. The time difference between the United States and China is another factor why these Olympics probably won't be fun to watch.

I'll be watching here and there. Definitely put me down for basketball. Another Olympic sport that I find underrated is both men's and women's volleyball. I first became a fan of women's volleyball, when 6' 5" Flo Hyman led USA to the Silver Medal at the '84 LA Games.

I prefer the Winter Olympics.

None of the Summer Olympic events get me as truly excited like the hockey tournament, though I'll try and catch men's hoops, women's volleyball (Misty and Kerri), diving, and a few track and field events

I'll be jacked up for 2010 in Vancouver.

Last edited:
I am into Olympic games.
I want to see the US winning the Basketball tournament!
Other than that, many other competitions that are going to be huge.
I have 2 DVR's set to record everything!
MY U-Verse DVR and my HR20 DVR all ready.

I will watch the Men's basketball and a few other events. Something to keep me busy until college football season gets here.:)

I'll watch the odd sports, the ones you don't see regularly like T&F and gymnastics but this time I will watch ONLY DVRed events. I don't care that little Hassan grew up in a village of 10 people with only diapers and a stick and he learned to throw that stick to kill outrages to feed his dying great-grandfather who was the village elder and was the first to discover the strange clear, hard coke bottle thrown out of a plane. And that is how Hassan became a Champion spear-chucker for the Republic of East Undershirt!

I DON'T CARE HOW THEY GOT THERE! SHOW ME THE DAMNED SPORTS! If you have time WHILE you are showing me the sport, THEN tell me about little Hassan!

See ya
Tony

I don't even think we should be there. China already yanked the passport of one of our athletes for being the leader of a Darfur protest group. The restrictions on the press, the chinese public not being alowed to say nearly anything to the athletes or visitors. I don't know how we can participate in this sham.

I don't even think we should be there. China already yanked the passport of one of our athletes for being the leader of a Darfur protest group. The restrictions on the press, the chinese public not being alowed to say nearly anything to the athletes or visitors. I don't know how we can participate in this sham.
My girlfriend is from China, and whenever these stories come out I always bust on her about it. China is one MESSED up country...

I'm just glad so much stuff is available in High Definition. Unfortunately it has to be on NBC (which in my area, and in many areas across the country apparently, does HD the worst), but it will definitely make it more fun to watch.

I prefer the Winter Olympics.

None of the Summer Olympic events get me as truly excited like the hockey tournament, though I'll try and catch men's hoops, women's volleyball (Misty and Kerri), diving, and a few track and field events

I'll be jacked up for 2010 in Vancouver.

Q.
Why is Basketball a Summer Olympic sport when it's a Winter game ?

Jimbo

Usually, I will watch the primetime (or Tivo when necessary), and some of the late night coverage. I'll flip to the MSNBC/CNBC/etc. before work/after work on Friday. However, due to having to be at work, I won't be one to watch every minute.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)