2008 Prius Sirius Installation Problems

leftie1277

May 8, 2008
I have a 2008 Package 2...I bought the Sirius SC-C1 and the TOY SC1 tuner and interface unit.

I brought it to get installed today, the shop I brought it to installed it and then informed me that my 2008 does not have a Satellite ready Radio.

Everything hooked up fine but there was no way to switch to "Satellite Mode" as there is no satellite (SAT) button on my radio.

The buttons I have are (Right to left)
-Volume-
Seek.Track-
AM-
FM-
Disk.Aux
Scan
Tune.File

Is this true that I cannot hook up Satellite radio to this??? Please dont tell me I am SOL

Is there anyway around this?? I have heard that hitting the AM button twice will switch to the Satellite input, the shop told me that they tried doing this and nothing happened

Thanks

-Matt

thanks...I looked at the section, unfortunately you have to buy their kit.

I am sure that I have read somewhere that regardless of what package you buy with the Prius, they are all satellite ready..

-Matt

Probably meaning that the AUX can be used for it....They (car cos, etc) are shifty like that.

thanks...I looked at the section, unfortunately you have to buy their kit.

I am sure that I have read somewhere that regardless of what package you buy with the Prius, they are all satellite ready..

-Matt

Only packages 3 and above are satallite ready...

I cannot post the link as this is my first post but it is on the Toyota website listing all the packages for the Prius.

XM MERGER IS A DONE DEAL!!!

XM Sirius Satellite radio merger is now complete

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts