2009 MLB Playoffs

SandraC

On Vacation
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
Tremendous gut-check by the Angels.

Who cares who has better barbecue? No need to be defensive, it's a grill and meat. Cook and enjoy.

Guzman in to run for A-Rod in the ninth? A-Rod isn't Usain Bolt, but he isn't slow. What if the game went extras?

Scoscia brings in a lefty to pitch to Teixeira and a right to pitch to Cano. Oh my.

Seems like 2004 all over again. I've seen this movie, it doesn't end well.

Joba going from being a starter to being in the 'pen isn't the same Joba as the one who was in the 'pen all year in 2007.

Hughes should be a starter.

Fuentes...I'll withhold comment to not put the reverse whammy on him. But I have comments!!!

Fox should not have shown the clown on the rocks. Or they should have followed up and said he was arrested and will spend the night in jail. Or was returned to his institution.

If the Yankees win it will be wonderful that they did it on their home field. If they lose...not so wonderful.

Sandra

Last edited:

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Guzman in to run for A-Rod in the ninth? A-Rod isn't Usain Bolt, but he isn't slow. What if the game went extras?

Another boneheaded decision by Coach Girardi. I wonder if Joe Tori would've "over managed" in that situation? Let's hope Saturday isn't close enough for Girardi's knee jerk decisions to decide this one way or the other.

geonaz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 30, 2008
Indian Trail, NC
Does anybody else think Nick Swisher looks like Michael J. Pollard the actor who played C. W. Moss in the movie Bonnie and Clyde?
I will also like to inform you people to give up on the BBQ war. Everybody knows North Carolina BBQ cannot be beaten by anyone anywhere.

cosmo_kramer

Master of my Domain
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2005
41.605N, -72.879W
Fox should not have shown the clown on the rocks. Or they should have followed up and said he was arrested and will spend the night in jail. Or was returned to his institution.
pro96, was that you?? lol, omg, etc. ;)

Seriously though, what happened to the network's policy of not showing the idiots who disrupt the game like that?? When he slipped and fell I thought for sure he split his head open.....

KCK_Halo

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 16, 2008
Los Angeles, CA

Seriously though, what happened to the network's policy of not showing the idiots who disrupt the game like that?? When he slipped and fell I thought for sure he split his head open.....

What concerns me is security...or the lack thereof. It is not an easy thing to do to get from the stands over and into that God-awful Disneyland fake rock formage they created when the stadium was renovated. Where was security when this jerk was crawling under, over, and around obstacles to get there?:rant:

KCK_Halo

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 16, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
The guy on the rocks is named… (from the O.C. Register)

Jose Cervera. No, not Cerveza. Cervera.
He’s 29, from El Cajon, according to Anaheim Police Sgt. Rick Martinez.
And, in what will undoubtedly surprise many who watched Cervera traipse around the rocks and flop into the fountain behind center field, alcohol was probably not a factor.
He was detained on a citizen’s arrest — likely by stadium personnel or security — and detained in Anaheim’s jail Thursday night. He has since been released, and faces charges of trespassing, a misdemeanor.
He will not face charges on public drunkenness, though, a clue that officers didn’t find him to be “unable to care for himself or a danger to others,” Martinez said.
Check out the screengrabs and video of Cervera running onto the rocks in the bottom of the sixth, with the Angels leading 4-0. Depending on your view of jinxes, he was either a curse (the Angels promptly blew the lead in the top of the 7th) or the next-best thing to the Rally Monkey, since the Angels would ultimately pull out a memorable and desperate victory.

Skyhi

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
NE Ohio

What concerns me is security...or the lack thereof. It is not an easy thing to do to get from the stands over and into that God-awful Disneyland fake rock formage they created when the stadium was renovated. Where was security when this jerk was crawling under, over, and around obstacles to get there?:rant:

You guys are so serious! I got a chuckle out of that clown...especially at the end when he took a bow. :)

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC

I knew tailgating with 2 cases was a bad idea ... :D

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
If the Yankees win it will be wonderful that they did it on their home field. If they lose...not so wonderful.

Sandra

If they lose Saturday, I'll throw a CHORIZO in the barbie in your honor on Sunday's BBQ Westside Stylee..

2464206953_31c670f4c4.jpg

FIREBIRD81

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Mar 21, 2005
Look at this Angels team! Backs against the wall, they start fighting and fighting back! Whatever happens from this point.....I have gotten more pleasure than you could imagine watcing the collective national media brain fart over this!

SandraC

On Vacation
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
If they lose Saturday, I'll throw a CHORIZO in the barbie in your honor on Sunday's BBQ Westside Stylee..

Chorizo? IN the barbie? Perhaps HD was right!!! :D

If the Yankees win you can look on e-bay for a huge slice of Ray's pizza...;)

Sandra

SandraC

On Vacation
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
Look at this Angels team! Backs against the wall, they start fighting and fighting back! Whatever happens from this point.....I have gotten more pleasure than you could imagine watcing the collective national media brain fart over this!

Many people were picking the Angels over the Yankees because the Yankees have never beaten them. What brain fart? :confused:

Sandra

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
I get a chuckle out of listening to the shock from the biased McCarver. When the Yanks started the game with two hits, he made it sound like the game was already over.

KCK_Halo

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 16, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I get a chuckle out of listening to the shock from the biased McCarver. When the Yanks started the game with two hits, he made it sound like the game was already over.

Allegedly, Buck had some smart-ass comment at the beginning about the Big A had better have some kind of jolt to wake up the crowd.

I was happily listening to the Angels Radio Network on AM 830.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts