2009 NBA Playoffs

To each her own. Van Gundy makes me laugh, and he combines with Mark Jackson and Mike Breen for incisive commentary.

I don't like Hubie Brown so much, he comes from the Joe Morgan school of using 4,000 words to describe each play. After a while it becomes blah blah blah.

Sandra

First off, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but doesn't letting a comedian in the broadcast booth go against any sort of tried and true recipe for success? You saw what happened to Dennis Miller and Tony Korn-hole, right? To me, Jeff is no different. He's an attention seeking comedian. A true in-game broadcaster should provide insight instead of going off on tangents that have no relevance to the game just to gain a rouse.

And as for your diss on my man Hubie, what gives? How can you not appreciate well thought out discourse? He's a wordsmith and an astute observer of the game. Combine those two characteristics along with his wealth of basketball knowledge and I absolutely love listening to him during a game.

First off, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but doesn't letting a comedian in the broadcast booth go against any sort of tried and true recipe for success? You saw what happened to Dennis Miller and Tony Korn-hole, right? To me, Jeff is no different. He's an attention seeking comedian. A true in-game broadcaster should provide insight instead of going off on tangents that have no relevance to the game just to gain a rouse.

Thank you for entitling me to an opinion...you're so sweet. :)

But please tell me you're not comparing Jeff VanGundy to Dennis Miller and Tony Kornheiser! Like him or hate him, the fact that he makes me laugh does not put him in the same league as those guys.

Van Gundy has been a VERY successful coach in this league, and quite likely will be again someday. Just because someone makes you laugh, that does not make them a comedian. Van Gundy combines wit with sharp commentary, and Mark Jackson is his perfect complement.

John Madden has made me laugh, so does Darryl Reaugh on the Versus playoff telecasts. Harry Neale is also very funny sometimes in Buffalo, as is Chris Marlowe, the Nuggets play by play announcer. None of them are comedians.

And as for your diss on my man Hubie, what gives? How can you not appreciate well thought out discourse? He's a wordsmith and an astute observer of the game. Combine those two characteristics along with his wealth of basketball knowledge and I absolutely love listening to him during a game.

I don't really dislike Hubie, but he gets tiresome after a while if you listen to him for an entire game.

Well thought out is one thing. Personally I get lost in Hubie's lengthy dissertations describing something like a high screen. You want a wordsmith? Listen to Walt Frazier of the Knicks. Now there is a true wordsmith.

Sandra

Thank you for entitling me to an opinion...you're so sweet. :)

But please tell me you're not comparing Jeff VanGundy to Dennis Miller and Tony Kornheiser! Like him or hate him, the fact that he makes me laugh does not put him in the same league as those guys.

Van Gundy has been a VERY successful coach in this league, and quite likely will be again someday. Just because someone makes you laugh, that does not make them a comedian. Van Gundy combines wit with sharp commentary, and Mark Jackson is his perfect complement.

John Madden has made me laugh, so does Darryl Reaugh on the Versus playoff telecasts. Harry Neale is also very funny sometimes in Buffalo. None of them are comedians.

Wit and sharp commentary?! Are we talking about the same guy? Seriously!? Count Chocula, err Jeff VG doesn't have a funny bone in his entire body! If anything, his attempts at humor seem forced and very awkward. And why does he feel like he has to be the funny guy all the time? He's an ex-coach. You'd think he'd provide some nice insight every now and again. And when did NBA commentary turn into a stand-up routine? Why does everything have to be funny?

You want funny? You know what's funny? It's funny how two people can have such stark contrasting opinions of the same person. Look, I'm not going to pull a Salsa and drag this conversation out over 10 pages. I'll just settle for our disagreement and leave it at that. :)

Wit and sharp commentary?! Are we talking about the same guy? Seriously!? It's funny how two people can have such stark contrasting opinions of the same person. Look, I'm not going to pull a Salsa and drag this conversation out over 10 pages. I'll just settle for our disagreement and leave it at that. :)

Okey dokey. :)

Go Boobie.

Sandra

Wit and sharp commentary?! Are we talking about the same guy? Seriously!? Count Chocula, err Jeff VG doesn't have a funny bone in his entire body! If anything, his attempts at humor seem forced and very awkward. And why does he feel like he has to be the funny guy all the time? He's an ex-coach. You'd think he'd provide some nice insight every now and again. And when did NBA commentary turn into a stand-up routine? Why does everything have to be funny?

You want funny? You know what's funny? It's funny how two people can have such stark contrasting opinions of the same person. Look, I'm not going to pull a Salsa and drag this conversation out over 10 pages. I'll just settle for our disagreement and leave it at that. :)

Awkward is a major understatement. I like Fratello and Brown as ex-coaches doing commentary and I love Joe Morgan with baseball. :)

Charging the digital camera now to capture the final score from Saturdays game saying Orlando wins series 4-2.

I am outta here myself. I have a long flight and a nice 13 day vacation. Gonna take a cruise of the Italian coast with the family. THANK GOD I work for a cruise line company.....love those perks.

Well Lady and Gents.....you might not here from me until around June 12th...that's when I get back. Have fun for the rest of this series and the NBA Championships.....

Still a "dime a dance" guy?:D

Wish I could take my wife on a vacation. She really deserves one. Have a good time Salsa, send us some pictures so that we can make fun of you.:)

How bout all the stars at court-side for Game 5?

-Jay-Z
-Ben Roethlisberger
-Brady Quinn
-Josh Cribbs
-CC Sabathia
-Alex Rodriguez
-Mariano Rivera

The biggest surprise is Ben Roth. Who gave this yinzer permission to root for this team? :)

Just talked to a co-worker who went to the game. In addition to the people I listed above, these stars were also at the game:

-Grady Sizemore
-Kerry Wood
-Kelly Shoppach
-Carl Pavano
-Jhonny Peralta
-Joe Thomas
-Sean Rogers

Who needs LA when you have trusty ol' Cleveland, Ohio?! My oh my! The stars were out last night in C-Town! :)

Just talked to a co-worker who went to the game. In addition to the people I listed above, these stars were also at the game:

-Grady Sizemore
-Kerry Wood
-Kelly Shoppach
-Carl Pavano
-Jhonny Peralta
-Joe Thomas
-Sean Rogers

Who needs LA when you have trusty ol' Cleveland, Ohio?! My oh my! The stars were out last night in C-Town! :)

C-town just seems to have a slightly different standard than LA for who qualifies as a 'star'...

What, Luis Valbuena couldn't make it? :)

Sandra

Were a little more modest, and we don't have the sheer number of stars, here in the Midwest. Kid Rock is about as big as it gets in Detroit. I'm not a fan of his "Music" (ahem, cough), but he is the only guy I've seen that can make dorky hats look cool.:D

-Grady Sizemore
-Kerry Wood
-Kelly Shoppach
-Carl Pavano
-Jhonny Peralta
-Joe Thomas
-Sean Rogers

C-Town?? That's funny. Was anyone courtside wearing this shirt??

bad_azz_c_town_chick_tshirt-p235677580847246875yhn8_400.jpg

Belmont Stakes

Former Indians' Owner Dies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)