2010 NBA Free Agency Thread

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
He's overrated because in all of his time with the Raptors, he's only been to TWO playoff games... in THE EAST!!! That is insanely bad! It's got nothing to do with Cleveland vs. Miami.

So does this mean Lebron is overrated because he had loaded teams and never won a championship...using your logic? Do you see where this thinking is going? How dangerous it is?

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
Wade and Bosh JUST CAME on ESPN and stated they are officially coming to Miami. Right now, I am very excited of the news...but I wanna see signed contracts before I am utterly thrilled.

EDIT: ....AND they stated in the interview that were and WOULD take LESS MONEY!! AND Reilly WILL coach(atleast to start with)......WOW!!

Last edited:

cosmo_kramer

Master of my Domain
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2005
41.605N, -72.879W
If you're a superstar making the maximum allowed contract you should be able to at least get your team to the playoffs. That doesn't sound like a lot to ask.
Basketball is a team sport. If that superstar is not surrounded with adequate enough talent they won't be successful. Ask LeBron, he knows.... ;)

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
Funny how during this WHOLE free agency, just about every team biggest representative spoke about this craziness of this free agency.....except one. Mr. Pat Reilly.....Kept his cool, did not panic...did not say a word, did not speculate....just worked his usual magic. He worked on this for the last 3 years.

Amazing....

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
How this turned into a LeBron vs. Bosh pissing match is beyond me. I made a statement on how I feel about Bosh and that's my opinion. Do I think he's overrated? Yes. Would I like him on my team? Compared to what we have, sure! I'm not saying he sucks, I'm just saying I'd chose multiple other guys in the league over him right now. Relax dudes. I know LeBron fever is at an all-time high, but take a few breaths. Jeesh!

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
How this turned into a LeBron vs. Bosh pissing match is beyond me. I made a statement on how I feel about Bosh and that's my opinion. Do I think he's overrated? Yes. Would I like him on my team? Compared to what we have, sure! I'm not saying he sucks, I'm just saying I'd chose multiple other guys in the league over him right now. Relax dudes. I know LeBron fever is at an all-time high, but take a few breaths. Jeesh!

I am curious only because I do not remember at ANY TIME did you mention he was overrated...until NOW, now that his decision was made NOT to join Lebron in Cleveland.

Also, WHO are these "mulitple other guys in the league over him"....? I thought the ONLY other #4 that was better was Dirk. Then I would place Bosh second followed VERY close by Gasol.

cosmo_kramer

Master of my Domain
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2005
41.605N, -72.879W
I am curious only because I do not remember at ANY TIME did you mention he was overrated...until NOW, now that his decision was made NOT to join Lebron in Cleveland.

Also, WHO are these "mulitple other guys in the league over him"....? I thought the ONLY other #4 that was better was Dirk. Then I would place Bosh second followed VERY close by Gasol.
Salsa's right. Back on post #13 of this thread you mentioned the rumor of a Bosh sign-and-trade with the Cavs and didn't voice any disappointment about that possibility there....

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio

#1 Gasol
#2 Dirk
#3 Amare Stoudemire
#4 Kevin Garnett
#5 Tim Duncan
#6 Elton Brand
#7 Carlos Boozer

Bosh

Just kidding. ;) I'd put Bosh in at #3 or #4.

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Salsa's right. Back on post #13 of this thread you mentioned the rumor of a Bosh sign-and-trade with the Cavs and didn't voice any disappointment about that possibility there....

Like I said in my previous post, I would like to have him on my team. Bosh is a tremendous player. I am just bringing up my insecurities about him. He is an unproven player for the most part. Now that he's making a max contract and teamed with Wade I'm only guessing I won't be his only critic anymore though.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
HD,
So IF Lebron leaves, is he a Bum in your eyes ?

If he goes elsewhere and wins, are you happy for him, or Not ?

He is a hometown guy afterall and done plenty for basketball in Cleveland.

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
Like I said in my previous post, I would like to have him on my team. Bosh is a tremendous player. I am just bringing up my insecurities about him. He is an unproven player for the most part. Now that he's making a max contract and teamed with Wade I'm only guessing I won't be his only critic anymore though.
i think having high caliber players around him will only make him work harder.

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
HD,
So IF Lebron leaves, is he a Bum in your eyes ?

If he goes elsewhere and wins, are you happy for him, or Not ?

He is a hometown guy afterall and done plenty for basketball in Cleveland.

Oh, how do I put this in a way you'd understand. You're a Steeler fan, right? Let's say the Steelers had the best regular season two straight years, but just missed out on a Super Bowl. The team was led by Ben Roethlisberger (pre-rape days), but he just so happened to be a free agent that offseason. If he comes back, you'd have a great chance in getting that very sought after Championship. But he decides to leave and your team is terrible without him.

How would you feel?

Would you be sending him "best wishes" cards when he leaves your team?

cosmo_kramer

Master of my Domain
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2005
41.605N, -72.879W
If a true superstar like Wade goes out of his way to recruit Bosh to play with him, that's good enough for me!!

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
If a true superstar like Wade goes out of his way to recruit Bosh to play with him, that's good enough for me!!

Oh for Chissakes! Bosh is a great player! I like him! I'd love for him to be on my team! He'll proabably do fine in Miami. Maybe he's a better role player than a alpha-male leader. I guess we'll see.

I just find it irresponsible to NOT mention how he couldn't manage to take his Toronto Raptor's teams to the playoffs on a consistent basis. He is looked at as one of the top Power Forwards in the league. A claim I am not disagreeing with btw. I am however a little weary on how in a league where half the teams make the playoffs, a superstar such as Bosh can't AT LEAST lead his team to the playoffs! Hell, the Milwaukee Bucks made it last year! Dwayne Wade led his team (with debatabley less talent than the Raptors) to the #5 seed! Yet Bosh couldn't get his team to the playoffs? There's measures of success that Bosh hasn't seen yet. I am the only one mentioning it, while the rest of you stroke him.

cosmo_kramer

Master of my Domain
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2005
41.605N, -72.879W
Oh for Chissakes! Bosh is a great player! I like him! I'd love for him to be on my team! He'll proabably do fine in Miami. Maybe he's a better role player than a alpha-male leader. I guess we'll see.
I think you hit the nail on the head right there, and it's probably the reason he will be able to co-exist peacefully with a Wade and possibly LBJ....

cosmo_kramer

Master of my Domain
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2005
41.605N, -72.879W
Boy, this would suck for Toronto if they can't work a sign-and-trade:

Earlier this week, the Raptors reportedly had been reluctant to do a sign-and-trade, especially with Miami, contending the Heat did not have any players of interest. But if Bosh leaves outright as a free agent, the Raptors are left with, at most, $4 million in cap space to replace Bosh.

Is this true for all outright free agent signings??

NBA Free Agents: Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade say they'll play for Miami Heat - ESPN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)