2013 MLB Trade deadline and rumors thread

The Giants will be detailing Lopez. Pence and Lincecum could also go if they right offer is made.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

There are also rumors of the Dodgers getting Michael Young.

Young said the only team he would approve a trade to will be the Rangers.

Red Sox get Peavy for Iglesias.

It's more than that, it's a 3-team trade.

"The Red Sox have announced a three-team trade with the Tigers and White Sox that will send right-handers Jake Peavy and Brayan Villarreal to Boston and shortstop Jose Iglesias to Detroit. The White Sox will receive outfield prospect Avisail Garcia as well as minor league right handers J.B. Wendelken and Francellis Montas and shortstop Cleuluis Rondon."

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/07/red-sox-white-sox-agree-to-jake-peavy-trade.html

It's more than that, it's a 3-team trade.

"The Red Sox have announced a three-team trade with the Tigers and White Sox that will send right-handers Jake Peavy and Brayan Villarreal to Boston and shortstop Jose Iglesias to Detroit. The White Sox will receive outfield prospect Avisail Garcia as well as minor league right handers J.B. Wendelken and Francellis Montas and shortstop Cleuluis Rondon."

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/07/red-sox-white-sox-agree-to-jake-peavy-trade.html

The to see Garcia go he will be a great player I think but with the possible suspension to Peralta they had to get a SS. Will be intresting to see how this plays out

Tigers get SS Jose Iglesias from the Red Sox, takes Peralta's place, however this was a 3 way deal with the Red and White Sox, with Prized OF Minny me Garcia going to the in division White Sox.

I sure hope Jose Iglesias is the real deal and I hate to give up Avisail Garcia for anyone.

Red Sox fans, please enlighten me as to Jose Iglesias and why the Red Sox gave up on him if he's as good as they have been reporting in the paper.

I origianlly thought, if Garcia had to go, at least he went to the Red Sox, I can live with that, not being it the division and a team I like to follow as well..... then I see he ends up in Chicago. Hope he doesn't kill the Tigers 19 times a year for the next 20 years.

Tigers get SS Jose Iglesias from the Red Sox, takes Peralta's place, however this was a 3 way deal with the Red and White Sox, with Prized OF Minny me Garcia going to the in division White Sox.

I sure hope Jose Iglesias is the real deal and I hate to give up Avisail Garcia for anyone.

Red Sox fans, please enlighten me as to Jose Iglesias and why the Red Sox gave up on him if he's as good as they have been reporting in the paper.

I origianlly thought, if Garcia had to go, at least he went to the Red Sox, I can live with that, not being it the division and a team I like to follow as well..... then I see he ends up in Chicago. Hope he doesn't kill the Tigers 19 times a year for the next 20 years.

From ESPN.com:

The Red Sox got to keep all their top prospects and surrendered only slick-fielding Jose Iglesias, who has a superficially good .330/.376/.406 batting line with the Red Sox in 215 at-bats. He’s not close to a .300 hitter, let alone a .330 hitter. A few weeks ago I looked at all his hits and they featured an unsustainable number of infield singles, five-hoppers that sneaked through and bloopers just over the heads of infielders. In July, he’s hitting .205 with one extra-base hit in 83 at-bats and he’s a career .244/.296/.292 hitter in Triple-A in nearly 1,000 plate appearances. But he can pick it at shortstop (or third base, where he’s been playing a lot for the Red Sox) and I suppose there’s a small chance that he could improve at the plate, a la Omar Vizquel.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/38676/rash-judgments-on-trade-deadline-eve

The to see Garcia go he will be a great player I think but with the possible suspension to Peralta they had to get a SS. Will be intresting to see how this plays out

I hate to see Garcia leave too. Although, it's hard to tell if I just like him because he looks like Miggy or if he can actually play like Miggy. I highly doubt the latter. The Tigers must have had a very strong indication that Peralta would be banned or they don't make this deal. Either way he is a free agent at the end of this season.

This was the slowest non-waiver deadline I can ever recall. Few trades and most were relief pitchers and lower level position players.

I hate to see Garcia leave too. Although, it's hard to tell if I just like him because he looks like Miggy or if he can actually play like Miggy. I highly doubt the latter. The Tigers must have had a very strong indication that Peralta would be banned or they don't make this deal. Either way he is a free agent at the end of this season.

I think that Peralta and the management sat down and discussed this PED thing, or they knew for some time now.

This year, they will miss his bat when he's out, as was mentioned, he's a FA, probably won't be back anyways.

As for Garcia, I just wonder if they see something about him that says he won't be all he was projected to be, up till this week, him and Castallonous were off the market. Wondering if they could have sent a different player if they had pushed.

The Red Sox actually HAD Garcia and shipped him to Chicago, wish they would have kept him. They would have liked him.

2 things MLB should of told every team which guys will be suspended on Friday so they could of make trades to fill holes the suspended will leave and if i was MLB i would move the Trade Deadline to August 15, with the 2nd WC too many teams don't want to give up by July 31

2 things MLB should of told every team which guys will be suspended on Friday so they could of make trades to fill holes the suspended will leave and if i was MLB i would move the Trade Deadline to August 15, with the 2nd WC too many teams don't want to give up by July 31
I vote to get rid of the 2nd WC team, back when 1 team was a WC, it was great, the second one dilutes the playoffs, however, to MLB's joy, Bud's joy actually, more teams are in it longer .... and because of it, we get the type of trade deadline we just went thru.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts