211/411 HD Receiver, no 1080i?

kemo46

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
Texas
I was on the dish website putting my order together. I only need 1 HD-DVR so I am going with the VIP-922 Slingloaded HD-DVR. I need 2 non-dvr HD boxes for the other 2 HD tvs. It shows my choice is the 211 hd receiver. It shows the max resolution for this receiver is 720p, not 1080i or 1080p. Does dish not make a non-dvr hd receiver that supports 1080i?

The 211 does 1080i. The only 1080p content currently on Dish is Video on Demand and this is only available on the HD DVRs.

I don't know what to tell you about the website, but I'm positive that the 211 does 1080i.

Thank you, it will not be the first time incorrect information has been listed on their website. I feel better now knowing this.

All the hd receivers can do 1080p all the time ,if you plug them into the google revue unit. I have 1080p on my living room and computer room using the google revue unit and an hdmi splitter. Works great.

That isn't the receiver doing 1080p. That is the google revue unit scaling the 1080i or 720p picture to 1080p. I have no desire to have anything doing additional scaling for me. I'm positive that the scaler in my TV is better than the one in the googletv box.

Mike, the quality of the scaler has much much much more to do with the PQ than whether it is 1080p or 1080i. Unless you have a 40"+ monitor on your computer than you aren't seeing any benefit from 1080p vs 1080i anyway.

Mike, the quality of the scaler has much much much more to do with the PQ than whether it is 1080p or 1080i. Unless you have a 40"+ monitor on your computer than you aren't seeing any benefit from 1080p vs 1080i anyway.

Maybe so ,but it makes me feel better to see that I have 1080p ,whether there is any real difference or not. And I am watching my receiver on a 42" hd tv ,not a computer screen.

Got it, I got confused when you said computer room sorry. :)

As long as it makes you feel better I get it. Kinda like those of us that like to see the Dolby Digital TrueHD and DTS Master HD lights come on on our receivers instead of the audio being processed in the BR player :D

Got it, I got confused when you said computer room sorry. :)

As long as it makes you feel better I get it. Kinda like those of us that like to see the Dolby Digital TrueHD and DTS Master HD lights come on on our receivers instead of the audio being processed in the BR player :D

I have a 19" Toshiba hd tv in my computer room and a 42" Toshiba hd tv in the living room ,both feed by the same 722k into a revue google unit , over an hdmi splitter, that feeds both rooms. So 1080p in both rooms. I can even control my living room tv , a/v receiver and sat receiver all with the google keyboard, since it is wireless, from my computer room. Cool feature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)