211 still at L268

NEOSG

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
East Amherst, NY
I have my 211 setup to view via HTPC. So, I have guide updates turned off, and the box is always on. Recently, I have been having some MPEG4 channel viewing issues. So, I checked the software version, and noticed it is still L268. This seems kind of old for the 211. Is there anyway I can force it to check for an update and download it?

I think the current version is L345. You may have to do a check switch or reboot to see if it will force the new download-but not sure of that. Good luck.:rolleyes:

You're definitely out of date with firmware upgrades. Then again, the more recent ones have been known to cause problems with strong OTA stations is some places.

If you want to update, just turn the box off. The download should start within minutes. You can leave the TV on and watch the update download.

HTML:
System			Version	Date		Last Version	Last Date
VIP211/ DISH 411 	L3.45 	2/22/2007 	L3.44 		1/16/2007

Tried a check switch, and that just seemed top force Guide Datat update.

I'll try leaving the box off and see how it goes.

Thanks for the quick replies:D

DUH, :eureka now that you say that, I remember. Yes, just turn off the receiver, but again be aware of possible issues since your current software version.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not too concerned as I do all my Local HD recording using other PC OTA and QAM equipment. I only use the 211 for Dish HD stuff to record vis R5000

811 OTA Upgrade recommendations ???

622 Audio

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts