211K lag on startup

rapidturtle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2010
North Eastern PA
I have a 211k with an external hard drive for DVR. I have noticed lately that when i start it up, it takes about 2 minutes for me to be able to change the channel or bring up the guide, or do anything at all. After the 2 minutes, all is well. Does it have something to do with the hard drive being hooked up? I've had the HD hooked up for about 4 months now, but just noticed the problem happening for the last couple of weeks.

It can take 2 minutes from power on (i.e. it was unplugged) but if just in standby (i.e. still has power) it should be instant.

I am noticing the same issue on my Dish 722, for a couple minutes after it's been in standby the unit is sluggish to respond to any commands. This has been going for around a month or so.

I have done check switch, reboots and other things. I do know that if I turn it off (standby) and back on within a few minutes the remote is fine.

I'm thinking for rapidturtle it may be IR interference. For the 722, I've been seeing a lot of reports about the menus acting slow, and am working on a fix for it (as I believe it may be software related). I haven't seen reports of the 612 with this issue, but it doesn't seem like interference since 612's are originally setup with UHF remotes. I'm still digging on this one however, and the more info you can provide, the better (i.e. how is it connected? do front panel buttons work? etc.).

Try turning off the ambient light sensor or auto eye on your TV, it may be interfering with the IR from the remote.

My 612 does this. I notice that I can control th ebox with the remote if it is directly pointed at the box. After a minute or so, I can point it anywhere and it works. I have two identical remotes that do the same thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)