211K No dial Tone

DishDave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 16, 2003
Picked up a new 211k today and When I plug the phone line into the receiver. All my other phone lines go dead. As soon as I unplug the dial tone is back. Any Ideas ?

What kind of phone service is it? VOIP phones will have that happen. If it is a regular good old fashioned phone line there could be two possibilities. Either 1) Phone outlet is incorrect or 2) Modem is dead in the receiver. Best way to check that would be to hook a phone up to that line. If there is a dial tone, its the modem.

Make sure you are not plugging your phone line into the Ethernet port.

Ain't that the truth. I heard some pretty amazing things being on the phones for a few years. Actually had someone, somehow, manage to plug the RCA cable into the satellite in port once on a 311. Take that one in. And how much force was needed.

Picked up a new 211k today and When I plug the phone line into the receiver. All my other phone lines go dead. As soon as I unplug the dial tone is back. Any Ideas ?

This generally means the modem in the receiver is fried. You will need to have the receiver replaced or you can just continue using it without a phone line connected.

When I had my 722 installed way back when, the installer plugged the phone line into the ethernet jack. Guess, what, no dial tone on any phone. I plugged it into the proper jack and all was well...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)