211k went stupid and won't come back...

SatboyZ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 30, 2005
I have had issues with this receiver before - the HDMI not syncing properly when the tv is turned on and unplugging it fixed it. This, however is just wierd. Using an older rear projection tv that has native 1080i resolution and set the receiver to output the same. Worked fine for several months but now all of a sudden the receiver squashes the picture on the sides and part is missing above and below the screen. Same on both HD and SD. Checked the settings and both are normal, not stretched, grey bar, etc. Pulled the plug for a few minutes and got the same. Went into the setup and changed it 720p and it is fine. Changed back to 1080i and nothing changed - same stretch. I really would like to change it to 1080i for 2 reasons- it is the native resolution of the tv and CBS football. The tv works fine on the ATSC tuner so that is not the problem.

Any ideas or someone else have this problem? Also, I am not sure how to do a hard reboot/clear mem on this receiver.

Thanks for any help
Steve

Our 211k acts stupid w/HDMI cable as well. Receiver connected to Sanyo 26" HD set in our bedroom.

With HDMI cable, sometimes when it is turned on, it doesn't turn on so to speak. Other times, it comes right on. After several on/offs, (receiver on/offs, ie) it will come to life.

I have now connected with the componet cables and audio cables. So far, it comes right on.

It's almost as though there are problems inherent with the 211k, including EHD problems.

What's a guy supposed to do!!!:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)