222k Experience?

mixz1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 5, 2006
Cancun, Mexico
Tried the forum search and got 922 and 722 answers. Search function in vBulletin needs some work. Does anyone have any experience with the Dish 222K receiver? Downside, upside, comments? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Have had it for 1.5 yrs. Works fine. Only issue is that seems to be the only dish receiver that does not have EHD capability.

I miss having a DVR too. I wish I got one with it when I signed the contract year and a half ago. Now they say it will cost ~$200+ and a new contact to get me to DVR capable receiver.

Cheers.

I have had one since 9-3-09 and have not had a problem. I have an external DVR. It works fine, but can not record one channel and record another at the same time.

KAB said:
Do you already have a DVR receiver?

No, but I have two Philips DVD recorders, one on each set so I can record on the set not being watched. A little extra work, but a lot more secure. I can dub, rip, or just keep the DVDRW or DVDR. No fees, no storage limitations.

I had the 222k, and it was fine. The only problem is that Dish started charging $14 per month for it, instead of $7. (it is my second receiver, I also have the 722k) That made it just as cheap to go with two 211k's, which gives you HD on two t.v's instead of one, and also gives you the ability to have two DVR's. If it is going to be your second receiver, go with two 211's.

I had the 222k, and it was fine. The only problem is that Dish started charging $14 per month for it, instead of $7. (it is my second receiver, I also have the 722k) That made it just as cheap to go with two 211k's, which gives you HD on two t.v's instead of one, and also gives you the ability to have two DVR's. If it is going to be your second receiver, go with two 211's.

I agree with all the above, plus the fact that he would not have a DVR fee. One day he's going to wake up and smell the roses regarding DVRs and he'll be ready.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts