2D versions of 3D movies not available from Blockbuster - Fright Night

EmpireState

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
Fright Night was in my BB queue for a long time, not that I cared about the wait, but when it finally arrived it was a 3D Blu-Ray disc and it wouldn't play in my older 2D Blu-Ray player because it wasn't 3D capable. I can't find a 2D version of this movie in the BB inventory, search result indicate there is a 3 disc set that includes a 2D version but it doesn't seem to be available via the mail service. And there was no indication on the BB site that Fright Night was a 3D-only disc, so I had no idea it would be a problem. Not only that, none of the big movies that have come out lately are listed as 3D-only in the descriptions on BB. How can you tell what they are going to send? For all I know, none of the upcoming movies will be compatible with my player because they are all 3D.

I would hate to think this is what forces me to upgrade equipment, or switch back to Netflix (not sure if they have the option for 2D discs either).

I see 3 options there:

A 3 disc set Blu-ray which mentions the 3D which is Very Long Wait for me.

A DVD which is Available to me.

Fright Night.JPG

A 2 disc set Blu-ray which doesn't mention 3D which is Available to me.

Fright Night, 2.JPG

That last one could be the option you're looking for.

Last edited:
I got the new Fright Night from BB about 2 months ago, and it was 2D.

It's terrible though, and there's NO comparison to the original version, so thank your lucky stars you got one that wouldn't play! It's the only movie I've ever seen that I would have walked out of if I was in the theater. It was that bad, IMO. Even David Tennant couldn't rescue this turkey, and I like him a lot.

I got a 2D bluray of Fright Night from BB online a few months ago, so it IS there. I will disagree with primestar as well. No, it isn't as good as the original, but I and the wifre were quite entertained.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)