3/11/2009 12:24pm - Uplink Activity Report - 90 changes

Will Indy be the new "move to" location? Stay tuned. SB24 seems to cover the entire DMA even though it stretches a long way N and S. That SB works because they lit up Champaign-Decatur-Springfield on it 3 weeks ago. Given the status of E5, this has to be temporary, doesn't it?

Did you see this SB24 signal yourself? Might have to go back and look through the 129 signal thread and look at the date the transponder came back.

If its a mistake, we should keep it quiet, but its too late. It's been mentioned in several threads already.

HA! This one will not make the cut into my favorites list. A double standard world...no other comments needed nor will be made.

There may be more to come soon for the Indianapolis HD locals. Checking the Dishnetwork webiste for the local channels available in the Indianapolis DMA shows the following:

Station Local Channel Number Dish Channel Number
INDIANAPOLIS ABC-WRTV 6 8450
INDIANAPOLIS CBS-WISH 8 8451
INDIANAPOLIS CW-WTTV 4 8454
INDIANAPOLIS FOX-WXIN 59 8453
INDIANAPOLIS IND-WHMB 40 8457
INDIANAPOLIS MNT-WNDY 23 8455
INDIANAPOLIS NBC-WTHR 13 8452
INDIANAPOLIS PBS-WIPB 49 8454
INDIANAPOLIS PBS-WTIU 30 8462
INDIANAPOLIS PBS-WFYI 20 8456
INDIANAPOLIS CW - WTTV IN HD 4 5184

This list shows WTTV, the CW affilitate in Indy, as being available. I know that it was uplinked earlier today... perhaps this is an indication they will change it to AVAILABLE in the near future.

Did you see this SB24 signal yourself? Might have to go back and look through the 129 signal thread and look at the date the transponder came back.

No I didn't Digi. I'm in that DMA but I'm in SW FL right now. But T7 SB24 is what's listed for the C-D-S HD locals. The only other possibility for that Central IL DMA is the STL SB which is SB30.

I have one dish pointed at 110,119 and one towards 61.5, neither capable of picking up the new HD Indy stations. Most homes around here have the same setup. Dish says I need the Dish 1000 to get our locals, at a cost of $59. Is this a scam by Dish to get more money from the Indy residents?

You have to be pointed at 129W since that is where the Indy HD locals are. The 1000.2 receives 110, 119, and 129. $59/$60 is the typical cost for installation of a dish to receive locals without extending commitment. Usually, they will install for free if you agree to extend your commitment out to 24 months. You could always just swing your 61.5 dish to pick up 129. That may be what the installer would do anyway unless the order specifically calls for installing a 1000.2 antenna. The national programming is the same on 61.5 and 129 so you won't be losing anything with the switch.

I have one dish pointed at 110,119 and one towards 61.5, neither capable of picking up the new HD Indy stations. Most homes around here have the same setup. Dish says I need the Dish 1000 to get our locals, at a cost of $59. Is this a scam by Dish to get more money from the Indy residents?

Nope. It depends on if you want them or not. I don't recall any issues with 129 in your area so I bet there are a bunch of Dish1000's in your area. They couldn't add them 61.5 since there isn't any room there now. Ciel-2 is the new spotbeam satellite at 129 so everything new is getting lit up there. No scams going on....

I don't subscribe to Showtime. 9480 and 9481 showed up in my favorites list (in red of course.) 9513 didn't. I've noticed in the past that sometimes new channels that are in packages I subscribe to sometimes show up in my favorites list automatically and sometimes don't, but it seems to be rarer for ones that I don't subscribe to to show up. Does anyone know why certain channels get added to favorites lists automatically and others don't?

weren't 9480 and 9481 Voom channels? If so, were they in your favorites list when Voom was around? If so, they "disappeared" when Voom went away but were still kept as favorites for when the channel re-appeared.

Same thing happens if you subscribe to the 250 channel package, place some Dish Audio music stations in a favorites list and not others, and then unsubscribe from the 250 channel package. Since the music stations in Dish Audio are hidden to non-subscribers, they disappear from your favorites list the moment you unsubscribe. But, if you re-subscribe, the audio channels are there again as favorites and it remembers which were favorites and which ones were not.

Hope that makes a bit of sense.

Indy HD locals

Finally 3 out of 4 Indianapolis locals! Lots of folks will be happy. Odd they kept them on CONUS though.

Anybody actually seeing the Indy HD locals? Dish hasn't given any indication that they're available at least on my 722ViP

Chuck
Nashville, IN

Has anyone watch any of the BET Jazz channel? It looks like a 16:9 HD image squeezed into a 4:3 box. It is not my TV or my 722 settings either, trust me, I checked many times. Looks very weird.

Also, why did WAKA (CBS) for Montgomery not get lit up? It was uplinked with the others back in Januaray.
This is how the uplink report from 1/21 listed it:

5251(8) - WAKA [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 08 Spotbeam ?? (NA)(Selma, AL)

Indy HD locals

Nope. It depends on if you want them or not. I don't recall any issues with 129 in your area so I bet there are a bunch of Dish1000's in your area. They couldn't add them 61.5 since there isn't any room there now. Ciel-2 is the new spotbeam satellite at 129 so everything new is getting lit up there. No scams going on....

Indy locals on E5 - there was a problem with that bird in central Indiana as we would lose HD channels a couple times a day due to an wobbling orbit - therefore the wing dish at 61.5. I hope they move these over to Ciel II

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)