SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
The 10th Anniversary Charlie Chat Recap
Monday, March 13, 2006

9:00 PM – Start of Chat. Introduced the night’s Grand Prize – A trip to Africa

9:05 PM – They showed some pictures of their history, video of their first launched, video of another launch (not theirs) that failed.

9:10 PM – Starting talking about their satellites (they own 10) and showed the Echo 10 launch. Showed a Dish Network History package, starts off bashing cable, then shows previous chats, still bashing throughout. Some campaigns were, chuck cable, cable pigs, my TV it sucks…

9:15 PM – Talk more about memories and how they offer a better price, content, and technology.

9:20 PM – Talk about their Dish Family package. The price of Dish Family, AT60, and DishHD Bronze is guaranteed until 2008. They advertised the new Movie Value Packs. They advertised the Dish Latino Bonus Pack.

9:25 PM – They Reviewed channels they’ve added in the past month. AT60 – Documentary Channel, Resort & Residence; AT120: CSTV, Soap, Oxygen, NFL, Comcast RSNs; AT180: ESPNU, Fox Reality, Tennis, Fine Living. They started talking about their HD offerings. They reviewed the HD Local cities they’ve launched.

9:30 PM – They showed a video of content providers congratulating Dish for Delivering 10 great years of entertainment.

9:35 PM – They reviewed their HD Dish’n it up plans. The $200 credit is applied to your bill once they receive your 921 or 942 that you’re trading in. Standard Dish’n DVR upgrades $98 w/installation for a Dual Tuner DVR, $49 for a single tuner DVR, no install needed.

9:40 PM – They talked about Pocket dish. Price Reductions: $199 $369 $499 for the respective models.

9:45 PM – They showed a history of the Charlie Chat.

9:50 PM – Program Updates: Oxygen added to 120 Above, Fine Living added to 180 and Family (they had it wrong on the slide, it said 120), Tennis Channel added to 180, Documentary Channel added to AT60, Dish Family Package launched, Pay Per View Channel 532 will be dedicated to Family Movies. Then they promoted movies showing on other pay per view channels. They showed an advertisement for WWE Wrestle Mania PPV.

9:55 PM – Interview between Eric Sahl and Dick Enberg, sponsored by CSTV

10:00 PM – The interview was still going on.

10:05 PM – Customer videos about their Dish Network experience. They had an interview with Hilde Wexler, customer since 1996.

10:10 PM – Hilde picked the grand prize Africa winner. It was Dan Catts from Indianapolis, IN. Hilde announced it was her mom’s 95th Birthday.

10:15 PM – They showed a video of Robin talking about Charlie Ergen and his converse tennis shoes. They talked to her in the studio, announced they were over time and will not be taking any Q&As and announced the dates for the next chats. They closed with a video from dish employees thanking the customers.

10:20 PM – End of Chat.

Last edited:
Wow they ran over (They were scheduled for an hour and a half) then ended 11 minutes early from that time claiming they ran out of time and couldnt take no Q&A tonight.

What a load of BS.

BFG said:
9:15 PM – Talk more about memories and how they offer a better price, content, and technology.

Memories of when they offered a better price?? That is a good one! Just memories! :)

I sure wish they could offer us more than memories of better prices. That satellite pig!

What a terrible Charlie Chat. They both sounded like really bad politicians, and they didn't take any calls. (cowards)

All I can say is I watched the entire chat, and did not get one single new thing out of it. All they did is review everything we already had and already knew. It was a complete waste of time.

The Charlie Chat used to be a discussion of future plans and lots of Q&A. Was much more interesting that way.

Ironically, while they were talking about how bad cable is, my 501 briefly lost signal several times (probably due to rain fade). Also today my 4 day old 921 died. Sadly, I'm not kidding.

And the next Charlie Chat will be in HD? Did I hear that right? Oh boy I'm excited -- not.

Why is this thread called the "3/10 Charlie Chat Recap" but its March 13th?

Last edited:
wow- for my 1st Chat - this was awful.

Nothing about new channels, new HD - nothing. It was like a big infomercial. I'm starting to see why you guys bitch alot! :D

it was a waste of time.for the last 3 or 4 charlie chats the sound has been like i had cracked or blown speakers does it sound like this to anyone else.this only occurs during charlie chats and tech chats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)