3 Months free of Showtime and HBO

- The idea of allowing people who currently subscribe to HBO or Showtime to get the promotion, makes no sense at all.

:
Your wrong!.
This is way to keep an excisting customer happy from time to time.
So by your Dishnetwork way of thinking only Excisting customers who don't subscribe to anything but the basics should get all the offers, But all other excisting customers who pay for all these premiums all YEAR aren't entitled to any offers because they already subscribe?
Well I guess I'm glad its not up to you, Because with this logic E* would have lost 940,000 customers last quarter instead.:rolleyes:

Dish is Known to do this ,so be careful.

Even though A few Lucky subscribers may be able to persuade a CSR to give you the HBO/Showtime deal,it just may come back and bite in the A--.Dish occasionally and quite randomly checks accounts and if they see too many free offerings being made to you,they will notify you (in my case by Phone)that this offer is no longer available to you.This happenned to me once a fewyears ago when Dish didnt have locals up in my area yet,I had all the Distant Networks waiver except for CBS but when they turned on Distants they turned on CBS too,it took them about 6 months to discover but when they did ,it was turned off immediately(although I was able to persuade Local CBS in giving me a Waiver after going to station in person).
Then once this last march I was given the HBO/Starz free again(I even asked CSR if it was okay to do it again,they said Yes,so not my fault) then a couple weeks into deal ,I was called and emailed saying due to Computer error I was given promotion again,and that it was not valid this time around.They cancelled before I had a chance to do anything.
So if your Lucky they wont discover,but it can happen.

Got the deal on my fourth try. complained the terms do not state customers who already had HBO/Stars promo. are not eligible. Can't wait for Weeds.

Your wrong!.
So by your Dishnetwork way of thinking only Excisting customers who don't subscribe to anything but the basics should get all the offers, But all other excisting customers who pay for all these premiums all YEAR aren't entitled to any offers because they already subscribe?
Well I guess I'm glad its not up to you, Because with this logic E* would have lost 940,000 customers last quarter instead.:rolleyes:

Lost almost a million subs?? That is a bunch... even by Dish standards.:p

I think you meant 94,000.:)

I'm going to upgrade to a 922 when it comes out (hopefully) later this summer, and I'm currently off contract. I've had Showtime in the past, and was never impressed with it. I'd love, instead, to just have them credit my account in the amount of 3 months' worth of HBO and Showtime instead of actually giving me the programming. Anyone have experience with this, and/or is there any chance they'll let me do it?

I'm going to upgrade to a 922 when it comes out (hopefully) later this summer, and I'm currently off contract. I've had Showtime in the past, and was never impressed with it. I'd love, instead, to just have them credit my account in the amount of 3 months' worth of HBO and Showtime instead of actually giving me the programming. Anyone have experience with this, and/or is there any chance they'll let me do it?

Highly unlikely to absolutely no.

Only keep HBO/Showtime for the original programming but to me, it is definitely worth the $10 per month each costs. I watch and enjoy almost all of the shows.

I don't give a hoot about the older B movies so as soon as my 3 months free of Starz runs out, I'll be dropping that one.

Hoping I can get in on the 3 month offer for HBO/Showtime.

I am finding so many movies on TMC HD by looking them up on imdb.com. they have lots of hidden gem movies that you wouldn't normally hear about. Plus they are OAR and no bugs. I've always liked TMC.

Yes, that is always how a Free Trial works. It is not a Customer Retention Handout - that would just be a $10 credit on your bill. It is specifically to get you to watch HBO. If you already have HBO, then you do not qualify.

Another example - every month, Dish has a Free Preview of half a dozen channels. If you already subscribe to those channels, you do not get a "credit" on your bill. But if you don't subscribe to those channels, you get to see them free for a month.

This is how it works throughout human society. Another example - if a storm destroys your house in January 2005, it is tough luck for you. But, if your house was destroyed on August 29, 2005, then there is a huge multi-billion dollar government program to help you out.

Yes, that is always how a Free Trial works. It is not a Customer Retention Handout - that would just be a $10 credit on your bill. It is specifically to get you to watch HBO. If you already have HBO, then you do not qualify.

Another example - every month, Dish has a Free Preview of half a dozen channels. If you already subscribe to those channels, you do not get a "credit" on your bill. But if you don't subscribe to those channels, you get to see them free for a month.

This is how it works throughout human society. Another example - if a storm destroys your house in January 2005, it is tough luck for you. But, if your house was destroyed on August 29, 2005, then there is a huge multi-billion dollar government program to help you out.

Sorry Ken, you're wrong. I had HBO & Showtime when I signed up for the HBO/Starz promo. They credited HBO for 3 months.
I canceled that promo, still had Showtime. Then I added HBO/Showtime promo. They credited Showtime for 3 months.

Other people who subscribed to one or both premiums also had this promo added to their accounts last time, and had their accounts credited.

Your reasoning is false.

I, like everyone else kept trying and finally was able to get one month free of showtime since i already had hbo/starz...I then tried again today and was told since i was such a "wonderful" loyal customer that they would give me 3 months free for showtime.

Something is better then nothing I guess.

Sorry Ken, you're wrong. I had HBO & Showtime when I signed up for the HBO/Starz promo. They credited HBO for 3 months.
I canceled that promo, still had Showtime. Then I added HBO/Showtime promo. They credited Showtime for 3 months.

Other people who subscribed to one or both premiums also had this promo added to their accounts last time, and had their accounts credited.

Your reasoning is false.

It is not "reasoning", it is the definition of a "free trial".

All you are describing is Customer Service Rep Errors. :rolleyes:

As I said before:

"However, it is entirely reasonable to expect CSR incompetence to sometimes fall in your favor... so if you can get a CSR to give you the promotion despite the above, then cool. :cool: :up "

I got my free three months of HBO and Showtime this afternoon using online chat. No AutoPay or Paperless Billing needed. I simply had to supply my email address.

The CSR also told me that the Cinemax for a penny a year offer is still going on if I sign up for Paperless Billing and AutoPay. At this time I am not interested in that, but is a great deal if I could trust my statement to be correct every month.

Pass up free cinemax? They send my bill with a chance to dispute it or uhhh...change the credit card number.

Love the autopay...and the cinemax is a good bonus.

Internal Hard drive temperature (adjunct to average temperature thread)

Need advice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)