3 weeks to install?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dnaren

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Apr 2, 2005
I subscribed to Directv yesterday(08/01) and they scheduled my installation to happen on 08/22. Is this usual?

I came to know about this schedule after calling Directv 4 times. I am tired of waiting on hold and I am wondering if 3 weeks of waiting period is usal.

I am thinking of canceling this crap and stay with cable.

Edit: Sorry.. I posted this in wrong forum. Mod, please move it to "The DIRECTV Forum"

Last edited:
Sounds like DirecTV is hot and/or your area needs to hire more contractors/hired hands for all those freebie installs. DirecTV just scheds with who is available in your area, they do not do their own installs, they are just the provider. You could buy it and install it yourself and save the wait. http://www.solidsignal.com/satellite/

Last edited:
Haven't even got it yet and it's crap already? Ummm, save yourself the grief and go with cable. Doesn't sound like you are going to be happy either way.

I like fixing the crap and making it work.

I called Directv and asked them to cancel the order if they can't install it sooner. Well, they want to install it on friday (08/04). :)

I hope the installer will get the OTA antenna installation right...

The installer was very good and I am very happy with the installation. I couldn't believe the quality of OTA channels..

I am about 30-50 miles from the local transmitters and I get them clean and crisp (UHF channels only).

I am thinking of purchasing the HD Receiver on ebay and return the receiver I got from Directv. I don't want to sign up for 24 month commitment. Does this work?

dnaren said:
I am thinking of purchasing the HD Receiver on ebay and return the receiver I got from Directv. I don't want to sign up for 24 month commitment. Does this work?

NO it will not work, doesn't matter what receiver you buy there is a commitment attached to the type of receiver, not how you obtain it.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
NO it will not work, doesn't matter what receiver you buy there is a commitment attached to the type of receiver, not how you obtain it.

Jimbo

So, there is no commitment required if someone signs up for non HD service/package because he would be getting a standard reveiver (for each room)?

dnaren said:
So, there is no commitment required if someone signs up for non HD service/package because he would be getting a standard reveiver (for each room)?

I think all non hd and non dvr receivers carry a one year commitment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts