30 sec Commercial for Nextgen TV

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
Columbus, Ohio WSYX (ABC) aired a 30 second commercial for Nextgen TV on Sunday night 6:30 PM.
The commercial urges viewers to score a touchdown by buying a Nextgen TV to enjoy lifelike video, stadium quality sound, and middle of the action. They reference the following website.

The website talks about 4K HDR Video, Dolby audio, consistent volume when changing channels, voice and dialog enhancements, new interactive features including navigation, emergency alerts, bonus content. Features coming soon include multiple camera angles, ability to play along with games, and personal audio track selection.

Of course none of the features that the website mentions are currently available. I wonder how many consumers will buy a Nextgen TV based on all those claims.
I recorded the commercial on my IPhone but have not been able to attach the video to this post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Features coming soon include multiple camera angles, ability to play along with games, and personal audio track selection.
DVDs had some of those same features in the beginning, but the only one that remained was the audio track selection. If the format doesn't collapse due to lawsuits and DRM, I'm pretty sure most won't care about those things.

Reactions: comfortably_numb