322 Rec with in and out signal

freakedout

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2004
My grandfater has a 322 feeding two rooms. His signal is going in and out when he tries to change the channel, He gets a signal loss message of 004, 005 or 016. THe channel will eventially come in as long as he does not change the channel and will stay on as long as he is watching that channel. A Dish Svc Rep came out and replaced his 322. I should note that the problem began after he received a new 322 a few months ago after his original ten year old receiver died. The check dish screen indicates that he is not receiving the sats he should in the columbia sc dma. I checked the point dish screen and the signal fluctuates from 66/70 to not signal. The tech that came out replaced his 322 and said that he could find nothing wrong. But the signal loss has gotten worse since the new 322 was installed. The tech was called but he acted like he did not know who we were despite just being here yersterday and initially acted like he was someone else. He promised to come back today but did not show. When called he said that he would come in the morning. I am not at all confident in his ability to correct the problem and was hoping that someone here might be able to suggest potential problem areas or other suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

John

With a 322 being a MPEG2 receiver I am assuming your not on the Eastern Arc. Unless the replaced receiver is bad I would look at: Dish miss alignment/Bad cables/a bad LNB assuming you have a dish 500 w/DPP Twin, or a ten year old system my first suspect would be bad fittings. If you had a service call through DISH call DISH and complain.

If you are still having issues with your service, please PM your account number and verify your 4 digit PIN number on your account so I can schedule a technician to check the equipment. Please let me know. Thanks.

My grandfater has a 322 feeding two rooms. His signal is going in and out when he tries to change the channel, He gets a signal loss message of 004, 005 or 016. THe channel will eventially come in as long as he does not change the channel and will stay on as long as he is watching that channel. A Dish Svc Rep came out and replaced his 322. I should note that the problem began after he received a new 322 a few months ago after his original ten year old receiver died. The check dish screen indicates that he is not receiving the sats he should in the columbia sc dma. I checked the point dish screen and the signal fluctuates from 66/70 to not signal. The tech that came out replaced his 322 and said that he could find nothing wrong. But the signal loss has gotten worse since the new 322 was installed. The tech was called but he acted like he did not know who we were despite just being here yersterday and initially acted like he was someone else. He promised to come back today but did not show. When called he said that he would come in the morning. I am not at all confident in his ability to correct the problem and was hoping that someone here might be able to suggest potential problem areas or other suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

John

Springfield, MO area - Thanks, Dish!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts