3rd i QC Announces Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Verification

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
at their Culver City Facility

3rd i QC is pleased to announce the establishment of Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc verification rooms at their facility in Culver City, California. These new rooms have been tailored to the advanced video and audio capabilities of the new Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc format.
“We’ve been involved in providing quality control for physical media since the inception of the DVD,” states 3rd i QC CEO and Founder Al Limón. “As home entertainment media has evolved, so has our methodology. This latest step in the evolution of the physical disc, the Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc, promises exciting new features which we are eager to approach with the mindfulness we bring to all our projects.”

“Ultra HD Blu-ray Discs offer not only more pixels in the form of Ultra HD resolution, but also better pixels in the form of High Dynamic Range (HDR) video, Extended Color Gamut (ECG), and High Frame Rates (HFR). HDR, in particular, with its ability to display brighter specular highlights, more details in darker areas, and brighter colors, is truly a game-changer in terms of the consumer experience,” enthuses Ramón Bretón, 3rd i QC’s Chief Technology Officer. He continues, “We expect Ultra HD Blu-ray Discs to take full advantage of the new object-based advanced audio formats Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, which offer a true three-dimensional sound field emanating from not only around, but also above the viewer, immersing them in the middle of the action.”

3rd i QC’s new Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc evaluation rooms feature state-of-the-art equipment, including primary displays capable of Ultra HD resolution, HDR, and ECG, various Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc players, and audio receivers and speakers set up for full three-dimensional advanced audio format decoding. As with all their evaluation rooms, their new Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc rooms feature 3rd i QC’s proprietary audio metering technology for better accuracy.

“We’ve been approached by our major studio partners to help prepare their first wave of Ultra HD Blu-ray Discs for release,” states Kelly Wininger, 3rd i QC’s Optical Disc Account Director. “Our clients trust that the real-time analysis we are known for will ensure that these discs, which will be among the first to hit the market, will provide a frustration-free experience for the consumer.”

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/11/prweb13083067.htm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)