4/1/2009 2:06pm - Uplink Activity Report - 4 changes

charlie has one sick sense of humor :(
ergen_charlie.jpg

Well they dicked us around with Roanoke VA HD locals - coming in March to coming soon to who knows when the hell we'll get them, so i guess i shouldn't be very surprised or disappointed that they didn't get the national HD up as promised. Making promises and not meeting them is getting pretty old.

Yea, that $10 price hike at the beginning of Feb. is really starting to be worthwhile for the added content....yeap! sure is! Just think of all the money that been pocketed from the TurboHD customers while we've waited for that new HD to be a added. Nice pile of change I'm sure.

Well they dicked us around with Roanoke VA HD locals - coming in March to coming soon to who knows when the hell we'll get them, so i guess i shouldn't be very surprised or disappointed that they didn't get the national HD up as promised. Making promises and not meeting them is getting pretty old.

I think anyone who had locals scheduled for Transponder 5 on their spot beam, like Roanoke, may be delayed while they figure out what to do. T5 is currently ConUS and carrying the Indy locals which prevents that transponder from being used in the other spot beams.

I think anyone who had locals scheduled for Transponder 5 on their spot beam, like Roanoke, may be delayed while they figure out what to do. T5 is currently ConUS and carrying the Indy locals which prevents that transponder from being used in the other spot beams.

Erie, PA is on transponder 8. Is there a problem there, also?

Erie, PA is on transponder 8. Is there a problem there, also?

I don't know anything about Erie. The 4 steps for LiL are:

1. carriage agreement with local stations.
2. infrastructure at PoP (point of presence) to receive/capture the local broadcast via OTA, microwave, fiber optic, or another source.
3. fiber optic run from PoP to uplink station for satellite transponder that channel will be rebroadcast on.
4. uplink (from uplink station) to satellite for relay retransmission back to earth.

Any or all can cause the delay as well as E* tech problems with the sat transponder.

The latest word through the Retailer communications method did not set a date for the national HD additions. The wording was ....as the programmers make them available?????????? Date of communication was 3/20/09.

I'm waiting for this to show up:

5303 - APRIL [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 28 ConUS beam (NA)
5317 - FOOLS [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 28 ConUS beam (NA)
5318 - SATELLITE [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 23 ConUS beam (NA)
5319 - GUYS [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 27 ConUS beam (NA)
5321 - LOVE, [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 28 ConUS beam (NA)
5340 - CHARLIE [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 28 ConUS beam (NA)

LMAO LMAO LMAO :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I had it saying central time after the time before. I need to change it back. ;) Maybe I should just use GMT and confuse everyone. LOL

Sorry, there are a select lot of people who run their servers on GMT and we aren't confused by all of this time zone nonsense. Well okay, the bizarre, non-hour offsets in select world locations still mess with us every now and then ;)

Cheers,

...and don't forget 24 hour clock instead of AM/PM. How many of us server weenies forgot to get the right meridian when setting the clock on a server (in days gone by, everything is NTP now!).

And since we spend more time on DST (Daylight Saving Time) than off, doesn't it make sense to move all the time zones ahead an hour, then observe DWT (Daylight Wasting Time) in the winter by moving the clocks back an hour?

Frak! Back on topic: It's still an hour and 15 minutes to quittin' time in the Mountain time zone...

That's too much!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Frak! Back on topic: It's still an hour and 15 minutes to quittin' time in the Mountain time zone...
T - minus 8 minutes to quitting time in MST....methinks it's gonna be a dissapointing day, or a long night for someone flipping switches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)