4/28/2010 12:25pm - Uplink Activity Report - 42 changes

D* announced it but has yet to add it.

We all know what the deal is w/ ESPN and the Rainbow channels.

However, the fulltime RSN's aren't part of any lawsuits AFAIK, just not a big priority for Dish right now. Honestly, I can't say that's high on my list of wants. Of course, I'm not a baseball fan. My sympathies to those that are.

Back on topic

How did you guys get DIY out of 4111? I assume you just dropped the 4?
they (D*) just added a couple spanish channels in HD..if they have room for those why not ESPNU?

I'd like to clarify a misconception that's getting repeated over and over again. Dish does NOT need to add all of the HD RSN's 24/7 in order to avoid missing HD RSN games. All they need to do is dedicate more TP space to the HD RSN shuffle they're currently doing.

Even Scott himself said on last week's podcast that they can either add 18 full time HD RSN's that only a small portion of the country will view or they can add more national hd channels. THEY DON'T NEED TO ADD 18 FULL TIME HD RSN's TO AVOID THE PROBLEMS THEY'RE CURRENTLY HAVING! They just need to dedicate more TP space to shuffle more HD RSN games. Another solution would be to add only a handful of 24/7 HD RSN's thus freeing up some of the TP space they're currently using for the shuffle.

DIY HD on Saturday, maybe on E*

Knoxville, Tenn. (April 19, 2010) – Scripps Networks, the leader in lifestyle media, will launch a high-definition feed of DIY Network on May 1. With the launch of DIY Network HD, viewers will see the same high-quality home improvement and landscaping programming with a much more vibrant picture.

Enriching the viewer experience of popular shows like Bathtastic!, Yard Crashers and Kitchen Impossible, DIY Network’s new high-definition service will be a must-have for consumers interested in the style of rip-up, knock-out home improvement television offered by DIY Network every day, and a strong selling point for cable and satellite distributors.

“The availability of DIY Network HD increases the value of affiliates’ high-definition packages and helps drive additional consumer upgrades,” said Patty Lumpkin, senior vice president, affiliate sales & marketing for Scripps Networks.

DIY Network is one of the fastest growing digital networks and is available in more than 53 million homes.

About Scripps Networks
Scripps Networks is the dominant media and marketing company in the home, food and travel & entertainment categories, developing content for television and the Internet, where on-air programming complements an array of broadband video, social media and e-commerce components on companion Web sites that attract more than 18 million unique visitors each month. Scripps Networks comprises lifestyle television brands HGTV, DIY Network, Food Network, Travel Channel, Fine Living Network (FLN), and country music network Great American Country (GAC). Scripps will extend its category dominance by rebranding FLN as the Cooking Channel in May 2010.

If you are a member of the media, please log on to the Scripps Networks Online Media Center (Scripps Networks Newsroom: Home) for the latest brand news, useful photos and graphics, detailed programming information, contacts and current research.

I'd like to clarify a misconception that's getting repeated over and over again. Dish does NOT need to add all of the HD RSN's 24/7 in order to avoid missing HD RSN games. All they need to do is dedicate more TP space to the HD RSN shuffle they're currently doing.

Even Scott himself said on last week's podcast that they can either add 18 full time HD RSN's that only a small portion of the country will view or they can add more national hd channels. THEY DON'T NEED TO ADD 18 FULL TIME HD RSN's TO AVOID THE PROBLEMS THEY'RE CURRENTLY HAVING! They just need to dedicate more TP space to shuffle more HD RSN games. Another solution would be to add only a handful of 24/7 HD RSN's thus freeing up some of the TP space they're currently using for the shuffle.

Yes but the problem is, Is that there is WAYYYYYYYY more content produced in HD locally on Rsn's than HD games. While the games may be available in HD its not the only thing that is produced in HD on RSN's.

Thats the common attitude around here that some seem to forget or dont know as they dont see it. We as dish network customers dont get to see any of that content! Also, dish could have it both way's.

1. they have the room on Eastern arch Right now!
2. Western arch customers need to migrate to all mpeg4 (will take a while but it needs to be done)
3. Get rid of channels such as Centric, Mavtv, ShortsHD, ect that nobody watches. Specalty HD was good when there was no HD, but now that HD is mainstream Nobody needs them anymore other than HDNet and a few choice providers who provide good content.

For one to say that dish doesn't need to add 24/7 HDRSN's is true to a point, but the real problem is that the other content produced by HDRSN's that I pay for w/ my bill I and YOU dont get to see. BTW anyone who subs to the sportspack w/ hd access would have access to all of the HDRSN's blackouts providing. Also, there isnt that much national HD left short of Cinimax and a few others such as ESPNU that is left. Most of the National HD that is available right now, dish wont add because of "contract disputes" Its aggravating when a multichannel provider cant even live up to providing basic local sports programming. This is something that has been around sense the start of Cable TV! I know if I had charlies billions, I would start up a new satco and whoop both charlie's and Directv's you know whats. I would also do it right, w/ the quality you should be seeing from your local multi channel provider!

I find it humorous that some people proclaim as a fact that because they do not watch a channel nobody does. Conversely, if they do watch a channel everybody else does watch them as well. I also chuckle when they proclaim they would launch a satellite service and do it correctly when they cannot even spell and only live at a random spot on earth. At least I think it is earth. Don't get mad at me because I pretty much agree with your thoughts, just having fun.

I find it humorous that some people proclaim as a fact that because they do not watch a channel nobody does. Conversely, if they do watch a channel everybody else does watch them as well. I also chuckle when they proclaim they would launch a satellite service and do it correctly when they cannot even spell and only live at a random spot on earth. At least I think it is earth. Don't get mad at me because I pretty much agree with your thoughts, just having fun.

hving fn I wan rsnHD nw chrle can red ths

Hard to believe but there are actually people wanting QVC HD...

Everyone has their favorite channels, and while a new channel might not be your cup of tea it might be someone elses.

My motto is any new HD is good HD. :)

Its amazing when one cant come up with an authoritative comment they have to pick apart the person who made the original point! Now that is Humorous! Also, who are you to say what I have on my profile! Dont like it Tough! While I might not be able to spell well, I certainty can engineer the hell out of an RF link, or setup a cisco router from a remote location without any issues and I do it very well! The point is there was a reason why ENGLISH was not my major, and why my Masters degree is in Broadcast and Media communications! I certainty dont pick apart and point out the weak points of you personally, as were all human and are flawed. Im not that type of jackass unlike others around this place;)!

Im not saying that nobody watches those channels, Im saying get rid of the least viewed ones. Just in case you dont know dish has a way of measuring who's watching what channels. Prior to the launch of Centric or Shorts, How many people requested it? Not too many if any. There are a hell of alot more requests for ESPNU and HDRSN's! Look at sprout for example. There have been crazy requests for that channel. Does dish listen, nope not as of right now at least. That's why people are so angry when it comes to Missing HD rsn's or when their game isnt on in HD. I betcha also didnt know that the games are now natively produced in HD, so your actually getting is a degrade! I dont know about you, but I'm not paying for degraded service!

Who watches channels like Centric and ShortsHD?

I for one absolutely love SHORTS. Ok, one vote for SHORTS. I am also a little peeved about what appears to be the reduction of RSN games carried in HD. As others have posted it is probably the result of the national HD additions. I thought I read that Charlie & Co., was in the process of adding full time HD RSNs, or was I dreaming?

i am sorry about the comment digiblur?All i wanted to know what do you think these could be DIY and ID?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)