4 pin S Video to Component

overtimeman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 26, 2005
Clemson, South Carolina
My 13 Sony in our bedroom only has RCA and Component hook ups in the back.To utilize the S Video with the Dish box surely there is a s video to component input out there.I have found the 7 pin adapters but not the 4 pin.Would appreciate any info thrown this way! overtimeman :up

Did you mean a 13" Sony (ie a nice small reguarl TV set)? If so, when you say "Component" are you talking about the three RCA style connectors which are colored red, blue, and green? Or are you talking about the single yellow RCA connector for video, and its partners in crime the red and white audio RCA style connectors?

i find it hard to believe that it has composite and component but skipped the svideo

Yep it has both the RCA(yellow.white.yellow) and it has the component(blue.red,green).I was hoping it might make a difference with an adapter.I know with a DVD player I could tell a difference with component instead of using s video on my otherTV. overtimeman

My model # is KV-13FS100.I picked the last one up at circuit city about this time last year for 99$.The picture and sound for this size tv is the best I've owned.The model # KV-13FS110 did have the s video but it went out of production 2 years ago.I liked this tv so much when they put the KD-36FS170 on sale I purchased it later.Could someone post a link to find those adapters.Most I found are used to for computers out to TV.Thanks overtimeman P.S. Went up to Sony's website and they no longer offer any CRT TV's.Guess times a changing.

Thanks everyone for your help and info.Went to cablestogo.com and found a 3 foot s video to composite cable for 10$.It might make a color or quality difference(I hope).Dang best 13 inch I've ever owned for 99$.Best forum for info an da net! overtimeman:cool:

I know this is an old thread but I am running into the same problem.

170px-MiniDIN-4_Connector_Pinout.svg.png
that's 4 pin

Pin 1 GND Ground (Y) Pin 2 GND Ground (C) Pin 3 Y Intensity (Luminance) Pin 4 C Color (Chrominance)

This is the 7Pin Mini DIN (quasi s-video)
Pseudo_miniDIN-7_Diagram.png
minidinspec7f.gif

YPBPR plus audio runs on this connector.

ATIs radeon 7pin pinout

Pin Name Description 1 GND Ground (Y) 2 GND Ground (C) 3 Y Intensity (Luminance) 4 C Color (Chrominance) 5 VGND Composite Ground 6 - - 7 V Composite Video

So how can a guy go from 4pin s-video to component?

I don't think you can without some electronic converter box

Sorry, but you cannot go from S-video to Component. Component is just that, Red, Green, & Blue... S-vid is like you say in your post, Color & Video, combined back together in the TV... Pin 7 of your connector is composite, the S-Video, more or less, combined in the card before the connector... Usually the cards will come w/ a DIN to RCA pigtail for the composite...

You can make an S-vid cable, but it's tricky, if one lead is longer than the other, either the C or V will lag & look funny :(

Best bet would be to try & get an S-vid cable from ATI to go to a regular TV S-Vid....

not what you wanted to hear, but best I think you'll get :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)