4250 hd box

Harrelson 69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2005
Scientific Atlanta has this box for cable companies to buy. It has an hdmi output. Currently you need the 8300 hd dvr box for hdmi output. Is cablevision going to offer the 4250 in the future?

Actually starting in July per FCC rule security must be removed from all newly deployed boxes and will be controlled by cablecards. This will allow consumers to buy their own boxes and just rent a cablecard. You will still be able to rent a box from your cable company and SA is developing two boxes for this purpose. One is the 4250C and the DVR will be the 8300C, they both will be available in SD and HD. Of course the cable companies are fighting this, so it's subject to change. Here is a good story about it.
http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6396723.html

It depends on who you get at the walk in centers, I had a customer call me from the fordham office in the bronx. It showed that store should have had 10 of the 4250HD. The clerk at the counter had no idea what this box was, so he put me on the phone with her. I told her it was the HD box with hdmi, not the hd dvr box. Also informed her that it showed they had 10. She asked her supervisor who I heard in the background so "We were told not to give them out, as we have to send them back". I dont know why thats just what I heard. I went to the store in Woodbury they had no idea of what the 4250hd box was either. Explained it to the representive, said he never seen a box like that at his center. This was early last week.

Question

Looking at the Scientific atlanta site it looks like these boxes still support VOD and all the stuff that is said to be missing from consumer cable card boxes. How is this possible?

I bought a second HDTV and swapped my SA4200 for the SA4250HD at the Norwalk, CT Optimum store on Saturday. They had plenty of them in stock. I notice only a slight lag to the box, a couple of seconds. My other HD box is the SA8300HD which I would say has no lag.

I swapped my 4200 HD for the 4250 HD here in Brooklyn,NY today. So far so good. Will be buying a 42 inch flat screen sometime in May. Look forward to using the HDMI output then. For now I use the component cables for my 27 inch HDTV. Let's hope more HD channels will be coming real soon!

just want to say that yesterday i changed 4200HD to 4250HD and the mnus are definitely faster. less pain-in-the-ass also... if its easy for u i would suggest everyone change to it.

I'm trying to connect a Slingbox to a Cablevision Explorer 4250 HD box. Cablevision confirms that if you have an HDMI cable connected to this box it will block all of the other video outputs.

I had to disconnect the HDMI output. I don't know why, but I was unable to get component recognition on the Slingbox, but I was able to get S-Video recognition on the Slingbox - even on the HD channels.

PROBLEM - I do not have IR control of this cable box using the Slingbox. I had to use the Cablevision remote to turn on the 1450HD box and to change channels - which defeats the whole purpose of having the Slingbox!

Does anyone know the IR control code for this unit? I asked Cablevision and they told me to ask Slingbox for it! Ridiculous!

I would like to see a Slingbox with an HDMI input and output so it could work with this Scientific Atlanta technology.

Galaxy 3

espn gameplan troubles

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)