4G LTE Deployment in Fredericksburg VA?

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Today I was teleworking due to an early morning doctors appointment and therapy session. I was checking email on my HTC EVO 4G LTE when I noticed the 4G icon in the status area. Surely there was something wrong with the phone because Fredericksburg VA has always been running on outdated systems with limited bandwidth. While I can get 1.2-1.4 Mb at 5:00 AM, it's not unusual to be getting 32Kb on the weekends when everyone is shopping in the Central Park area picking up vittles and such as Costco and Wally-Mart. It's that crappy!

Anyway, the 4G signal I detected was in the Mary Washington University area but I didn't have time to run a Speed Test nor did I believe my eyes since I was coffee depraved. Following the appointment I drove down the Cosner's Corner area once again noticed the 4G LTE indicator came. So I ran a Speed Test and to my shock it came back at 7Gb. Incredible! I work in the Capitol Hill area and I can't get a 4G LTE signal in three-quarters of Washington DC. I've seen nothing posted at s4gru.com and there is certainly nothing published about Fredericksburg being part of their LTE deployment. Technically, the city is part of the Washington DC television market...but it's 50+ miles away and the next closes LTE area is up in Springfield, 35-miles away.

Just though I would post...

I got really fast LTE downloads, but only in a 2-3 block radius in the city. Kind of like howLTE is deployed in Washington DC and most of Sprint's other 4G areas. :(

Test Date: Sep 12, 2013 9:26:55 am
Connection Type: Lte
Server: Manassas, VA
Download: 13203 kbps
Upload: 7541 kbps
Ping: 101 ms

External IP: 66.87.129.170
Internal IP: 29.168.69.170
Latitude: 38.30161
Longitude: -77.48282

A detailed image for this result can be found here:

http://www.speedtest.net/android/579980287.png

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Android 4.3 with Sense 5.0 RUU for the AT&T HTC One leaks out

LTE coverage now live in 3 new markets, expanding in 11 more

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)