4K Action Picks Up

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
The 4K market is still small, but the emerging video format got a big lift last week ahead of the holiday buying season as DirecTV, M-GO and Amazon introduced content offerings or shed more light on their Ultra HD plans.

Beating Comcast to the punch, satellite-TV provider DirecTV became the first U.S. multichannel video programing distributor (MVPD) to launch a 4K service, starting off with a library of 19 pay-per-view movies and documentaries, including Forrest Gump, Star Trek (2009) and Amistad, that sell in the range of $3.99 to $15.99 per title. Initially, access to that library is limited to Samsung Ultra HDTV models used in tandem with DirecTV’s Internet-connected Genie HD-DVR (model HR34 and above). DirecTV is expected to add some live content to its 4K mix in 2015.

Comcast said it is on track to launch its first 4K offering, a streaming app for Samsung Ultra HDTVs, by the end of the year.

multichannel.com

Everytime I go to the store I look at the 4K displays. I am not a fan of the curved screens although they look amazing if your sitting in the center.

Just wish I had money to buy one. :D

Best buy will have a 50 inch Samsung (unknown model number) on Black Friday for $899

Everytime I go to the store I look at the 4K displays. I am not a fan of the curved screens although they look amazing if your sitting in the center.

Yeah, I don't get the curved TV screen either. Even when I am the only person watching, I don't always sit in the center...
Having said that, I am thinking of buying a curved computer monitor! That would make much more sense, IMO.

I got a non curved screen samsung yesterday. Only been able to use netflix for 4k content so far, but an very pleased with what I have seen. Looking forward to the new offerings.

Best buy will have a 50 inch Samsung (unknown model number) on Black Friday for $899

Its a 55"! Model UN55HU6830FXZA.

N1M2udWl.png

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung.../9033014.p?id=1219386604328&skuId=9033014

4k dropping below $1k in the larger sizes is very promising. Even though it is a black Friday special this year, it will be the normal price next year...

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts