4Play source code

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Very Nice!!!!

Go for it guys :) We need one's with the smarts to fix 4play then we will be able to do what GI could have done years ago before Motorola took over the reigns and screwed everything up.

If you want to make a cable check out this pdf.

Attachments

• bdm_pd.pdf
    7.8 KB · Views: 182
If you want to make a cable check out this pdf.

Thanks, but most of us need a USB solution. There is a USB BDM adapter for $60. I know that it works with the 920, and most likely, the 922. However, I have no idea what software the guy was using, or if it would do the task that we need it to do. But he was able to save, change, and replace memory. But maps wasn't what he was trying to do.

Cheers

If we could just get the source code or reverse engineer the 4DTV OS...

Write new firmware for it with the options we need.

Few months back I sent an email out to the guy how makes the usb cable here is what I got back.

"BDMNT is for DSR. But please not there is only limited testing on this box and you might need to do your homework as of programming."

Most of the software out for this usb cable is geared towards opening:( mot cable boxes.

Last edited:
usbjtag dot com has usb to bdm interface that plugs into the motherboard of dsr922, but unsure how to back up channel/satellite tiles and their locations in NVRAM. Supposed to be 800000-83FFFF but I think that changed in last f/w update?

RS 232 connector

On the back of the 4DTV's is a RS 232 connector. From what I understand that can be used to talk to your box. Shaw uses this to update firmware in the customers home from a computer. GI said that connector was for future features beside the HD decoder but never implemented them. Now if Shaw can talk to the DC2 what would stop us from doing the same thing. Anybody have any info on this? I wonder how ATS loads firmware at their service center? I bet they use the RS232 port.

BTW I have a copy of the EC firmware here someplace. I need to find which PC I have it on.

...I wonder how ATS loads firmware at their service center? I bet they use the RS232 port...

I'd bet that they use the 10-pin BDM header on the main board (but I don't know for sure). As far as I know, no one has ever used the MMAP port for anything. I've seen people say that it's an RS-232 port, and I've seen others who say it's not. I don't have a clue what it is. But I do know that the MMAP port has caught the eye of many hobbiest. Maybe they put it there just for us to talk about, lol.

There's also a 5-pin header on the main board. I don't know what that's for either.

Cheers

That MMAP port is for the Hdd 200 (high definition decoder)
Multi-Media Access Port

Everything I read tells me the BDM goes to the main board (after removing the cover and possibly the VC cage)

Last edited:
Unless someone can get the technical specs on the 4DTV it'll be difficult to do anything without risking bricking the box.

I think that might be a access card or some kind of CAM deal.. in case DC2 ever got hacked

Not the slot under the door, I heard there is a connection under the front cover which requires removing the whole front face cover to get to.

The front door was for in case the DC got hacked they could insert a CAM. One of the lines in one of the menu tells if the unit is in support mode or not. The Starchoice DSR's can get programmed by the RS232/MMAP port. I wonder if a firmware change allows what it does.

I'd bet that they use the 10-pin BDM header on the main board (but I don't know for sure). As far as I know, no one has ever used the MMAP port for anything. I've seen people say that it's an RS-232 port, and I've seen others who say it's not. I don't have a clue what it is. But I do know that the MMAP port has caught the eye of many hobbiest. Maybe they put it there just for us to talk about, lol.

There's also a 5-pin header on the main board. I don't know what that's for either.

Cheers
Yes, it is a 10-pin header for BDM, it is on right hand side of motherboard and can easily be accessed with top cover removed, on a 922. I have accessed the memory from this header. I have not looked for the 5 pin header, so unsure about it. The 10 pin is the real deal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)