5/18 Model 6000 Software

iKramerica

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 20, 2004
So, I see a thread about an April download, but my model 6000 took a download today, and checking the Dish website, this version 826PCNAD-N is dated 5/18.

I happened to turn my unit off right before CSI finale (OTA HDTV), and of course it chose that time to start the download, making me run to my 721 to watch the first 5 minutes while the 6000 did it's thing.

It seems a bit faster in the menus than previously, and I had zero breakups and no green blips in the HD content when the channel switches from an HD program to an SD commercial tonight, but does anyone have info on what changed? Those HD improvements might just be from a particularly clear night or well transmitted CSI, but it would be nice if they actually did fix some of the HD snafus I've been seeing on my unit.

I just checked and find that I have the 826 software, but I keep my 6000 on 24/7.

Why is it usually posted that the receiver has to be turned off with the remote in order to get any software upgrade?

Shelly

Dish will do a forced download after a certain amount of time if you keep rejecting a download. They can force it at anytime if they think it is a critical update or they just think you need to have it.

shelly said:
I just checked and find that I have the 826 software, but I keep my 6000 on 24/7.

Why is it usually posted that the receiver has to be turned off with the remote in order to get any software upgrade?

Shelly
If the box is "on", the tuner is busy and can't be used to acquire data.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)