5/20/2009 1:39pm - Uplink Activity Report - 217 changes

I think those channels in the 53xx range are for the Dish Latino HD package. For whatever reason the HD Ultimate channels were in the 94xx range and the Essential channels in the 53xx. I think they're finally realizing this and are putting the HD Ultimate channels in the 53xx range.

HDNet Movies
MGM
Smithsonian
Universal
WFN

I'm still trying to figure out what the other 2 channels are.

Randall - I signed up for the 3 free months of Ultimate Promo so that my wife could try FashionTV-HD.

The above channels already have 53xx numbers:

HDNet Movies - 5351
MGM - 5369
Smithsonian - no longer on Dish Network in any package
Universal - 5354
WFN - 5372

and the other Ultimate channels:

MavTV - 5405
Logo - 5307
FashionTV - 5304

so the 7 channels being mapped to 53xx means that there is a good likelihood of getting more new National HD - because I don't remember them mapping channels to Dish Latino HD until they were ready to make them available. The recent addition of SpikeHD and FxHD despite that Charlie Chat comment about the channels not being up for contract renewal yet, implies that the new Programming team is taking a different tact in negotiations, a tact that is resonating more with the negotiators on the other end of the table. So, totally a guess - but I would think that the missing Rainbow channels is a good guess.

I think those channels in the 53xx range are for the Dish Latino HD package. For whatever reason the HD Ultimate channels were in the 94xx range and the Essential channels in the 53xx. I think they're finally realizing this and are putting the HD Ultimate channels in the 53xx range.

HDNet Movies
MGM
Smithsonian
Universal
WFN

I'm still trying to figure out what the other 2 channels are.

No these 53xx TMPs are new video streams, not re-maps.

Randall - I signed up for the 3 free months of Ultimate Promo so that my wife could try FashionTV-HD.

The above channels already have 53xx numbers:

HDNet Movies - 5351
MGM - 5369
Smithsonian - no longer on Dish Network in any package
Universal - 5354
WFN - 5372

and the other Ultimate channels:

MavTV - 5405
Logo - 5307
FashionTV - 5304

so the 7 channels being mapped to 53xx means that there is a good likelihood of getting more new National HD - because I don't remember them mapping channels to Dish Latino HD until they were ready to make them available. The recent addition of SpikeHD and FxHD despite that Charlie Chat comment about the channels not being up for contract renewal yet, implies that the new Programming team is taking a different tact in negotiations, a tact that is resonating more with the negotiators on the other end of the table. So, totally a guess - but I would think that the missing Rainbow channels is a good guess.

Thank you for the information. When I canceled the Ultimate package back when Voom was removed that wasn't the case. It was a total mess where you had channels in the 53xx and 94xx range.

There was another batch of changes [SDT v7]:
- 3:50pm PDT: 1424 channels changed values of descriptor 93h.

More channels switched or going to [N3] new encryption scheme and require new 'purple' cards.

errors

I see there was a few errors ( I didn't check whole list), but here can see some real changes.

Examples:
148W:
- ISRLI 6133 didn't change a name, but B4U changed a number from 619 to 6501,
- HT 586 changed a number to 6111,
- RBTI 598 -> 6102,
110W/77W:
- TENIS 400 changed to preview mode,
etc.

I counted 224 changes total.

Attachments

• sdtv4vs5.JPG
    sdtv4vs5.JPG
    195.4 KB · Views: 150
5151(6) - KAUZ [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 11 Spotbeam 36 (A) (H)(Wichita Falls, TX-CBS)
5152(3) - KFDX [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 11 Spotbeam 36 (A) (H)(Wichita Falls, TX-NBC)
5153(18) - KJTL [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 11 Spotbeam 36 (A) (H)(Wichita Falls, TX-FOX)
Weren't these local HD channels already "added" to Ciel-2? They went through some sort of channel move on Ciel-2 last week:

Strange thing is the additions of Wichita Falls, TX HD locals now have the channel numbers mapped to the previous 5151-5153 range (used on E*12 at 61.5°). Even more strange, KSWO in Lawton, OK is nowhere to be found in today's confusing addition. For the longest time KSWO was supposed to go up in the 5150 channel position.

Basically the only thing that will be noteworthy relating to the Wichita Falls, TX/Lawton, OK viewing market is whenever KSWO is finally made available in HD on either E*12 or Ciel-2. Overall, the activity relating to this viewing market is pretty much a non-event until all 4 HD locals are made "available" somehow.

The SDT v5 was hard to analyze - seems to me the program require updates.

What I found - those 4xxx channels gone, see a picture below.

Attachments

• sdtv4vs5b.JPG
    sdtv4vs5b.JPG
    194.9 KB · Views: 150
Yeah, I never did get FOX HD because the Eau Claire affiliate still hasnt changed over to HD. I lost WKTB with the digital conversion.

This is a long time coming.

I live about 8 miles from the wkbt antenna and still have some pixelation. So I can't imagine anyone trying to recieve them from a long ways away. Fox, ABC and PBS are strong...and NBC not even a chance, and CBS is the pixelation. So having them on Dish will be a nice addition.

7710[SIZE=1 said:
(29)[/SIZE] - KHQAD [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar10 110W TP 26 Spotbeam 19 changed to Available (H)(Hannibal, MO-CBS)
7710(29) - KHQAD [MPEG4 SD] - Echostar12 61.5W TP 01 Area 8 beam changed to Available (H)(Hannibal, MO-CBS)

Finally, this channel was made available. If I remember correctly, this was uplinked at the begging of December, 2008!!! Of course this is just a feed dumped off of KTVO in Kirksville.

10 markets in the middle of the US will be on both ea and wa so some mirroring of locals will be done. also platinum not part of hd expansion plans for ak/hi,

smith, the moving of some of the 148 sat channels to 4 digit channel number is so that international customers on 148 think they lost their channel and so call in to schedule 118.7 dish upgrade. after scheduling, agent is to provide the virtual channel number.

I see there was a few errors ( I didn't check whole list), but here can see some real changes.

Examples:
148W:
- ISRLI 6133 didn't change a name, but B4U changed a number from 619 to 6501,
- HT 586 changed a number to 6111,
- RBTI 598 -> 6102,
110W/77W:
- TENIS 400 changed to preview mode,
etc.

I counted 224 changes total.

Errors in yours, example:

586 was removed and 6111 was added.

Eyes not working again?

Look again, don't stop at this one, while it would be same as we discussed, ie renumber vs lame delete+new rule;
there are much more errors in your last report ! And you know it - this time your old flame about eyes don't works...

That's the result of monopolizing simple things. No critic allowed ? Absolute knowledge, no bugs software ... yeah.
Better cooperate, then flame - will be more productive and useful for all members here.

I'm new to all of this uplink stuff. Does the (NA) around the local Fort Wayne, IN channels mean that they are not applicable or not available? They aren't showing up in my guide and I tried a check switch twice. Can anyone help?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts