5 Free Disc Offer

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
How long has it taken you to get your five free discs. I was just wondering. It has been about 12 days since I mailed in my offer.

Like I said I was wondering. As itt urns out i took advantage of the amazon offer and purchased a few ---including Planet Earth which should keep me busy.

Like I said I was wondering. As itt urns out i took advantage of the amazon offer and purchased a few ---including Planet Earth which should keep me busy.

If youve never seen it, the PQ is very good. Much better than Disc was.

The BD version of PE has been selling very well lately.

It took me almost exactly 30 days from the time I dropped the form in the mail (mid Nov. 07) until the time I received them (mid Dec. 07).

Tracking site is iffy, use the phone number on the site after about 4 weeks.

I mailed my offer in first week in november, had my discs 2nd week of December. I called the number the 2nd of December cause the site never showed anything and they told me the discs were shipping in a few days... Sure enough, the next week I had them.

They use media mail or whatever, so they only move through the USPS system when there is room on a truck going toward the destination.

My buddy & I both bought our players on Black Friday & mailed in the following Monday. I got my movies three weeks later, he's still waiting.

I finally got through yesterday and was told that they have no record of my request and that without the original barcode there is nothing that they ca do for me. Yes i will complain but it seems that I will not be seeing my five free movies for awhile--or at all.

Seems like they would have to bring this offer back, even just for a couple months to finish the job... for the uneducated consumer, even with BB pushing Blu-Ray, it's hard to overcome $150 with 7 free movies vs. $399 with no movies...

I think that two threads are being confused. There is a thread about the program ending and whether it might be revived. This thread was originally about how the then current program worked and whether we could check status. it looks like my entry has been lost. If it si found and acted on i will be happy but as of this moment I appera to be out of luck. But such is life.

I think that two threads are being confused. There is a thread about the program ending and whether it might be revived. This thread was originally about how the then current program worked and whether we could check status.

You're right, and I just realized that was my fault - sorry about that!

But Don't be sorry. It was an honest mistake give n the two thread titles and your comments are very constructive so tehre si certainly no harm done.

You ahve to check online and get an error message.

(800) 723-4763

But interestingly if you search the database using your phone number it does not appear. It only appears if you fail to geta ny hits with your name anda address.

Just called. Its been since the first week in January that i mailed the rebate form out. They said they never got it. I think they pick and choose who gets what, if anything at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)