5 Recievers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

igzo99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
Guys, will D* allow more than 4 receivers in one household?

A friend of mine has 6Hd and 3 SD, dude works so much he doesn't have time to watch TV but he's got "The Toys"!

I have:

2 Tivo's
2 HD receivers
1 SD receiver

The SD receiver is for my RV. It's active, but not ususally plugged in. I also have an ancient Sony receiver that is falling apart (plastic is broken). I can't seem to part with it because I paid $1000 for it and the dish 10 years ago. Maybe the Smithsonian will take it? :eek:

DIRECTV will compensate the installer up to and including six receivers now. I have done a couple of projects with double digit receivers, but usually DIRECTV will want to do a commercial activation in these cases.

DanielFenti said:
DIRECTV will compensate the installer up to and including six receivers now. I have done a couple of projects with double digit receivers, but usually DIRECTV will want to do a commercial activation in these cases.

i do believe you are confusing dishnowork with directv. dish is supposedly capped at 6, why? who knows!!

ive done 8 IRDS with directv recently, no problem.

DanielFenti said:

Commercial receivers are only for commercial establishments. You cannot put them in a residential install unless you want to get charged for the receiver.

So if I get set up as a commercial account does that mean I can add the commercial content ?!?!?!

Eric Goempel said:
So if I get set up as a commercial account does that mean I can add the commercial content ?!?!?![/QUOTE

and get a installer that is FULLY compitent and knoledgeable about how to instal the stuff correctly.

I BELIEVE dish will do over 6, but with dual tuner boxes thats 12 seperate tvs watching different things

providers get interested in people with a abnormal number of boxes, phone line compliance and audit calls are to be expected

We have four, one HD TiVo, two standard def TiVos and one HD receiver-but, every time I talk with D*, the rep tries to get me to reactivate my "office" receiver, which would be five-I think they'll give you as many as you want to pay for, and as many as your multiswitches or "array" of dishes, LOL, can support.

We watch our 50" Sony SXRD set in our family room adjacent to the kitchen more than any other TV in the house, so we put both the HD TiVo and the standard def TiVo (connected to a whole house modulator) on that TV. Because I wanted to also connect my TV's internal ATSC tuner, and the HD TiVo's antenna, that meant I had to have SEVEN RG6 coax lines to that location. (four TiVo tuners, two terrestrial tuners, and one back line for the modulator to connect to the video hub).

I had thought I was smart for prewiring four lines when we built the house only five years ago. Not.

I am very surprised that Dish Network has not required dual tuner receivers to be used for anybody wanting more than an x number of rooms (or all dual tuner receivers period) by now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

H20 does some glitching and looses sound

Fun with TIVO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)