510 and DOD service NBR feature

Dishpro500

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2006
Well my receiver has the latest firmware update (v308) but I still don't see this new DOD feature or NBR. Has anyone else received it on their 510? I know some don't want the DOD service but I would use it if available.

Yep DoD= Dish on Demand the same feature the 625/942 have had for a while now is going to be on the 510 and I had heard about that coming in the new software release. First I've heard of NBR for the 510 outside of pipe dreams though.

I tought there was a mention in the March Charlie chat regarding NBR but I could be mistaken. In any event I would like to see both DOD and NBR added to the 510. Sounds pretty cool...my fingers are crossed.

Van said:
DOD is a dud, you wont be able to record anything off the DOD. I still dont get the apeal of nbr.
I like the NBR on the 625.

As far as Dish on Demand goes, it's a worthless "feature". $4.99 to rent an old movie? Nuts...

I dont like nbr, its a bad idea when it comes to anything thats in sindication, try doing a search for law and order, CSI, 24, and alias and see what happens.

Van said:
I dont like nbr, its a bad idea when it comes to anything thats in sindication, try doing a search for law and order, CSI, 24, and alias and see what happens.

Depends on how well the NBR is implemented in software and in the guide. I'm currently using a Motorola 3412 from Comcast and while some shows in syndication do cause problems others do not. I was using a 510 before I left E* (no LOS at new location) so I never had the chance to test out the NBR on other boxes. I have heard from some folks though that it seems to work just fine.

Nbr works quite nicely from timers created from the guide. DO NOT Use the DISH Pass as a regular timer or you will have a hundred shows from anywhere in the sat system pop up. Now you can set the dishpass timer to just one channel if you like and narrow it down, but I would rather use a regular timer from the guide to do my recordings. I have had practically no problems using nbr since I got my first 942 last year and have no problems with my 622s or 625 sd dvrs.

Without name based recordings all you have is a digital vcr.

MikeD-C05 said:
Nbr works quite nicely from timers created from the guide. DO NOT Use the DISH Pass as a regular timer or you will have a hundred shows from anywhere in the sat system pop up. Now you can set the dishpass timer to just one channel if you like and narrow it down, but I would rather use a regular timer from the guide to do my recordings. I have had practically no problems using nbr since I got my first 942 last year and have no problems with my 622s or 625 sd dvrs.

Without name based recordings all you have is a digital vcr.

That is exactly how I do it too and I do not have any problems either. I used the dish pass before and it was going to record the same show on both timers off my locals. My locals are showing up in 2 places on the guide which I hate and that is my main problem with the dishpass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts