510 Problem with Anchorage local channels

SAEMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
If anyone in Anchorage reads this, I'd be interested to hear if you're having the same issue.

When I've been watching recorded programs on the local channels I have noticed a few skips per show. It skips ahead about a second or so. It doesn't bother me too much, but it is a bit annoying. Now, I'm not sure if this is a DVR problem, or if it's happening on the channel and the DVR is just recording it as it happens. Also I've only noticed this on local channels.

If anyone knows anything about this, I'd be interested to hear.

Thanks

SimpleSimon said:
DVRs record the satellite datastream bit-for-bit, so the problem should be seen live also - unless your receiver is sick.

Yeah, I do understand that, which is why I am 99% sure that it must be happening live or else, I would imagine, that my other channels besides locals would be experiencing similar problems.

I have been getting pixilating and audio dropouts for the past 2 weeks on both my 6000 and my 301. (mostly on locals but noticed it on HBO the other day also)
Another family member is having the same issue with their 510. (live feeds, not sure about the recording issue)

Oh - and I forgot to mention, I've been getting the audio dropout followed by pixellation on various channels (HIST, DISC, TLC, LiL, etc.) with my 921.

DP301 receiver and D* Phase III dish

3x4 switch installation on dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts