522 loses favorites lists

rickdasher

Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
North Florida
I have a 522 with L2.38. About a week or so ago I noticed that all of my favorites lists on TV1 and TV2 were all cleared out. The name of the favorites lists were still there, but, no channels are selected. This has happened 4 times so far.
Rick

rickdasher said:
I have a 522 with L2.38. About a week or so ago I noticed that all of my favorites lists on TV1 and TV2 were all cleared out. The name of the favorites lists were still there, but, no channels are selected. This has happened 4 times so far.
Rick

Did you add and/or remove any channels from any favorites list before it happened?

I've been having the same problem since I got L2.36. Had support complete uncommon problem report. Seems if I setup favorites on TV1 TV2 gets lost and vice versa.

Same here. Made some changes to the TV2 favorites late yesterday and this morning all the TV1 favorites were gone. The names assigned to the lists are still there, but all boxes are unchecked.

My 522 is at L2.38

I know this wasn't caused by a power surge or outage. The receiver is plugged into an APC battery backup UPC, so it gets a continuous & even flow of filtered power regardless what's going on in the outside world.

Tom_T. said:
Same here. Made some changes to the TV2 favorites late yesterday and this morning all the TV1 favorites were gone. The names assigned to the lists are still there, but all boxes are unchecked.

I personally told people in engineering working on the 522 of this problem, how it occurs and how to replicate it. I was hoping they would have corrected it. I think I told them in January or February. For that reason, this should be considered a known issue.

How many chanels can you have in the favorites? I know the number is for both tv1 and tv2 together and all lists. Just dont know what that number is. Here is the excerpt from the manual.

Favorites Lists are lists of your favorite channels. You can create and change
the lists yourself, adding and removing channels as you wish. Your favorite
channels can be grouped into no more than four lists for both TV1 and TV2 (in
Dual Mode). For example, one Favorites List could have 100 channels and a
second list only 10. Or all four lists (four for TV1 and four for TV2) could have
50 channels each.

I am not really sure what it means?

The first part, that favorites can only be grouped in 4 lists for each TV, is easy to grasp.

The second part, the 100-10 and 50-50-50-50 X2 examples, gets more puzzling the more one thinks about it. :confused:

The 100-10 would seem an attempt to explain that the number of favorites in any list can big or small.

The 50-50 etc. example, is, well, I'm not sure what the point is... I can think of at least 3 different possibilities.

Whatever the case, I would think if there is an absolute limit, either per list, per TV, or total, at that point the circuitry would not accept another checkmark, and some dialog box will open warning the limit is reached and no additional entries will be accepted.

Or, is that too much to ask from these boxes?

With the favorite/guide problem, it must have to do with the number of channels selected. The problem seemed to occur after I upgraded to 180 pkg and happened to get the L2.36 upgrade about the same time. I was adding all the music channels under music in both TV1 and TV2. I deleted them and now able to put wifes favorites on her TV2 without loosing TV1 favorites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)