612 prob..any guesses?

chefly

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Actually a couple of probs..I can call support, but we all know how that goes.... ;)

First...random pop of "your smart card is not authorized message" actually have no smart card as this receiver is fairly new to the home, and I didn't have to do the "switch" a while back.

Second.....at random times whether live or DVR I get a pop message that "due to internal problem remote cannot connect to receiver" and gives me option to ge "Help" "Cancel" or "Yes" It only pops for a second or less, and then back to whatever I am watching. I actually caught it a few days ago, and it asked me to reset receiver..I did, but still keep getting this message...there is no "error code" number with it, and I just dont know what to do. (to add, if I rewind the dvr/program for 10 sec jump, the message does not appear again, so not caused by the program.)

Thanks for any help gang!

OK, I finally got an answer by calling...first rep was great, and kept me on for 1/2 hr and pushed up to her supervisor....couldn't find the error code....so I looked REALLY hard at the next flash and saw 112,,,seems like it is an odd error and doesn't usually affect 612's...so I guess I am getting ANOTHER 612...is tgis model just crap, or have I had bad luck?

OK, I finally got an answer by calling...first rep was great, and kept me on for 1/2 hr and pushed up to her supervisor....couldn't find the error code....so I looked REALLY hard at the next flash and saw 112,,,seems like it is an odd error and doesn't usually affect 612's...so I guess I am getting ANOTHER 612...is tgis model just crap, or have I had bad luck?

The 612s have not been the most stable of Dish receivers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts