612 VIP Capable of TV1 and TV2 Mode?

TheThack

Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
Nicholasville, KY
Can the VIP 612 be setup to drive both a TV1 and a TV2 that can watch different shows? When we originally signed up with DISH this tuner was only for an HD TV in my daughter's bedroom. However I have since put an old standard definition TV in the spare bedroom and want to operate it as TV2 off of this tuner much like I do with my 722K VIP which drives my Living Room (TV1) HD and bedroom (TV2) SD. The tuner will allow me to record two shows at once and record one show and watch another. However, I cannot figure out how to take advantage of those two tuners to allow for watching live two different shows on two different TVs simultaneously. Currently the SD TV has to watch whatever is on the HD TV as I have it hooked up to the standard cable output. Is there a way to make the RF Cable feed be the second tuner and the HDMI the first tuner?

Thanks Tampa. It does have the two different outputs with the RF Cable and the HDMI it may even have the component output too but not sure. Just apparently they all output the same signal and the second tuner is limited only to recording.

It's not really a shame, because if you could you would be paying more a month.

It will only cost more if it was an additional receiver on the account. The cost is the same if a 612 or 722(k) are the only receivers on the account.

TRUE and if you read the OP you would know that the 612 is the 2nd receiver on the account.

Or record THREE programs if you use an over the air antenna..... Because it has a built-in third receiver for that purpose, something not all receivers have unless you add it for a cost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)