622 Ethernet - What time of day does it "phone home"?

kelton325

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
Circleville, OH
I have canceled my landline phone service since we never use it and want to switch my 622 over to an ethernet connection to avoid the $5 per month fee. I have an ethernet set up in my house, with a router from Linksys that lets you plug in a Verizon data card for your internet. The problem is that the internet connection isn't always on (a whole other issue I'm working to fix). Normally, I manually connect it to the internet using the Linksys router, but I have the capability to make it come online at a certain time of day through some technical tricks. The issue is, I don't know what time to make it connect to the internet so it's ready to go when the 622 tries to phone home. Does anyone know what time this is?

Also, does anyone know how much data gets sent? I don't want to exceed my bandwidth limit (5GB per month).

Thanks in advance for any info!

i dont know for sure, but my counters under system setup diagnostics (system menu , 6 , 3, counters) say that the next scheduled status is 11/25/07 @ 10:18 am NT NA - which i assume is nevada time north america, so you may want to check that out. and see if that is what is needed.

Thanks! I checked the same and found that my last updated was on 11/18 at 3:29, and my next one is scheduled for 11/25 at 3:28. Based on that, I can plan on having my internet connection come up at 3:20 AM and that should cover it.

Again, thanks for the info! This will help me save the $5 per month!

Anyone Looged Into MyAccount Today?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)