622 HDMI broken. Do I need DHPP to replace?

bowens

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Florida
We had a horrible lightning storm last night. Nothing else got hit and it may be a coincidence but when I got home last night the HDMI out on my 622 wasn't working. I tested the cable and the input on the tv so I know it is the 622. Component works fine, tv2 works fine. Do I need to call and add DHPP and then call back and request a new 622 or will they replace it without DHPP?

Best to call, otherwise they will probably charge you shipping. I recently had to.

Great, thanks. I added it. So it probably wouldn't be a good idea to call back right now and request a new receiver huh?

Is there a place where one can read about DHPP details, rules, what exactly you get for your $6/month? I have had it for years and my 622 is 'acting up' again and when I called asking what to do about possible replacement I was told by CSR that there would be a $30 shipping charge. Previously I was told there would not be any charges for replacement by another CSR, so I would like to print something out so I can read it back to them. Thanks.

I asked them on the online chat and they pasted a big description. You could ask them.

I went ahead and did another chat and they are sending me a new 622 at no charge. Should be here in a few days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts