622 never gets all the programs

I have tried all of that. But if you have another program that starts right after on another channel that does not work and I still loose the last of the 1st program.

I have tried all of that. But if you have another program that starts right after on another channel that does not work and I still loose the last of the 1st program.

So, you have a single tuner dvr or are you trying to record two OTA programs?

On my 622, when I have back to back HD programs I want to record, I use Dish for one and OTA for the other.

I have the same problem with Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters. I ended up making one timer for Desperate Housewives and extending the end time for 60 minutes over and I get both shows with no cut offs . This worked all season since both shows only showed new episodes together each week.

Yeah, thats the big downfall of any dvr. Its really gotten worse the way the networks schedule shows to run over.

AGREED! This is becoming more and more of a pain. I really hate to suggest this, but it is becoming such a problem that I almost wish a group be created (like those for airline passengers or transit riders) to let the networks know that when they do this, it screws up watching by DVR. It would require the precision that was absolute for decades until about the late 1990's: that all start and end times be on the dot accurate (USN Master Clock). VHS taping in those days was great because they were always on the money--even the premium movie services were right on the mark (many cable channels were part-time back then, and it provided a smooth transition),

They just need to have the EPGs state the REAL scheduled times. If they want to run a program to 10:02 then just make sure they inform the listing sevices so the guide is correct! Problem solved. At that point the 622 priority program takes over.

See ya
tony

I have the same problem with Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters. I ended up making one timer for Desperate Housewives and extending the end time for 60 minutes over and I get both shows with no cut offs . This worked all season since both shows only showed new episodes together each week.

Great idea! I had the same issue with the same shows. I'll know when this issue pops up again as the wife finds it annoying to catch the last minute of Desperate Housewives on the beginning of Brothers and Sisters.

They just need to have the EPGs state the REAL scheduled times. If they want to run a program to 10:02 then just make sure they inform the listing sevices so the guide is correct! Problem solved. At that point the 622 priority program takes over.
Exactly!

Yepp, all about the ads. Someone just agreed to VOD network shows but you cant skip commericals or some crap, I cannot remember what it is but its BS.

I wish they were all like the shield 10:00-11:05 in the guide.

I think the point here, is they are trying to discourage dvr usage so they get the advertisements watched and dont have people skipping through them as i do ! so making it easier to dvr is not in their interest.

That may be the case (and it probably is). However, on some people (like me) it has the effect that they will eventually stop watching the program in which case there is absolutely NO chance they will watch the commercial (as opposed to slim/some chance), or set the timer with a buffer. In the mean time all it does is PISS THEM OFF! :D

See ya
Tony

They just need to have the EPGs state the REAL scheduled times. If they want to run a program to 10:02 then just make sure they inform the listing sevices so the guide is correct! Problem solved.
The listing services have the real times. I find them in my newspaper's TV Week and on the futon critic. The problem is that Dish rounds the times to the nearest :05.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts