622 Reboots 3 times per week. Should I be concerned???

Tvlman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
Surf City.CA
I have been counting the last month and my 622 reboots at least 3 times per week. It is well ventilated and the programs look fine except in the middle of a program the screen will suddenly go dark.Then after about a minute or so the unit will reboot itself. Time to call tech service??

Mine never reboot except at the scheduled early morning reboot. If you are watching at 4am you might have to change the reboot timer to a more convient time.

My first 622 was rebooting every day, and not at the correct time, just random times during the day. I ended up returning it to Dish and got a new one.

My new on has rebooted a couple of times in a few weeks. So it is much better than the old one, but still annoying. Last night we were taping two things on the sat tuners, and watching a OTA channel, and I guess it was too much for the 622, it spontaneously rebooted itself.

Annoying as hell, but better than my old 622. I am not sure if it is a hardware flaw, or something that can be fixed with a future update, but I am hoping the latter.

I'd call Tech Service just to log my complaint and see if there's anything they can suggest to "fix" it (not likely). They might offer a replacement, but probably not at this stage. But the more you complain about it, the better the chances for a swap for this issue, hence you should probably make that first move. My current (second) 622 seems OK in the reboot category. I caught it in a random reboot one time but that's it. Good idea to be keeping it cool, perhaps by adding an external fan to get air moving through it...

Is it rebooting due to a faulty sat or ota signal? If you lose your picture due to the 129 wobbly satellite , that keeps varying in signal strength this can cause a reboot. The same if you lose your ota signal strength and you are recording something from it. Both can cause reboots. I get reboots if I can't lock in on a channel sometimes. This could be recitifed by repeaking your antenna or your sat dish. I quit using the 129 sat and went to the 61.5 sat and no more problems.