622 Revision/Version "K"?

AlexTheOne

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
A frequent visitor of SatelliteGuys.US forums, but my first post :).
Have E* for almost 7 years, last Saturday finally upgraded my old venerable 5000/Dish 500 to new 622/Dish 1000, so far I am liking it.
I read about various revisions/versions of 622 (i.e. D, E...) and per what I understand that info can be found under s/n number so I just checked mine and it is "K" (RBERBRxxxxK). Can that be right?

Thanks, I just found it strange given that I never saw anyone posting anything past revision "E".

I checked and all numbers on the receiver and its box have "K" as the last letter. I am not sure what may have been improved (hopefully) vs. other older versions...up until now everything seems to be working w/o any issues.

Is there anything I can check in addition to s/n number?

We don't know if the different series are actually different from each other in any way. They may merely be production run numbers, which would enable E* to more quickly trace problems to a particular run.

I can tell you that "main board number" (RBxxxxxRxxxxxK) is also finishing with "K". I did not have a chance to open the box and check actual PCB (would that void its warranty?).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)