622 stuck in endless rebooting, getting a 722 to replace

--sexy-warlock--

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
Chattanooga
I can barely watch TV for more than 30-45 minutes before going through a reset that lasts anywhere from 10-15 minutes. They sent out a new receiver this afternoon, but I can't see where it has shipped from yet on the tracking page.

Does everything ship from their Englewood, CO location?

Also are there any differences besides the OTA tuner, and bigger HDD compared to the 622?

If you are getting the 722 (not 722K), then there is no difference with the ota tuner. The only difference is the color, the 722 is black and the HD is bigger. Everything else is the same. They do ship from El paso, Texas as well. (The 722k does not come with an OTA tuner unless you order the OTA module).

Yea, it's a normal 722. Got a 2 to 3 day wait then.

I kind of wish this box would just completely stop working so I can be forced to do something else. It's nerve racking waiting for it to reset. :p

The hard drive in my 622 finally gave out last week after 3.5 years of service. Dish replaced it was another 622 and it shipped from El Paso (I live in Texas). However, the shipping tracking # appeared on my Dish Network login the next day. If it still hasn't appeared, I'd call Dish back because they may have screwed up.

It was on there, it just hadn't showed the shipping location. Scheduled for a Thursday delivery. :)

I have read conflicting reports on image quality improvements for the 722 vs the 622. Is it really a noticeable difference?

It was on there, it just hadn't showed the shipping location. Scheduled for a Thursday delivery. :)

I have read conflicting reports on image quality improvements for the 722 vs the 622. Is it really a noticeable difference?

The hard drive on my 622 went out and I got a 722k from dish for the replacement last week. Other than a larger hard drive I can tell no difference between the two. The picture quality appears the same to me. :)

I had a 622 that was replaced with a 722 (figured to get it during a move).

On my Samsung 61" HDTV, the image quality from the HDMI port was much better on the 722. The 622 image via HDMI was rather soft and I resorted to using the component jacks with that model.

So, if you have a 622, I would get a set of components and see if you'll find better quality compared to its HDMI port.

No, it started about 3 weeks after installation. At first I thought it was heat, but even when the unit is completely by itself, and cool to the touch, it will still do it out of nowhere. Sometimes I can get it to work for hours on end before it starts acting up. And sometimes it will just run the fans on super high for 3 hours before finally stopping and starting back up as normal.

Other than this issue, the box is great. No jerky playback, no skipping audio when I rewind and fast forward to my hearts content. But for the trouble they said I could get a 722 sans the $100 upgrade fee, so it's alright I guess.

After spending some time with the 722 I can tell that the colors are indeed bolder, and they seem a little darker, while the overall washed out look of the 622 via HDMI is gone. HD content is still a little fuzzy, but that is to be expected with compression.

What is the problem with the 622 HDMI? I tried the component inputs before I switched it out, and they looked nearly exact to the HDMI port on the 722.

After spending some time with the 722 I can tell that the colors are indeed bolder, and they seem a little darker, while the overall washed out look of the 622 via HDMI is gone. HD content is still a little fuzzy, but that is to be expected with compression.

What is the problem with the 622 HDMI? I tried the component inputs before I switched it out, and they looked nearly exact to the HDMI port on the 722.

We may never know what was the problem with your 622, BUT you shouldn't accept fuzzy HD as "the way it is due to compression".

I suggest a review of your seating distance, Tv settings/enhancements, and color calibration.

I would look into those things, but my set has already been professionally calibrated and true HD content via BD looks stunning with absolutely no visual deficiencies. Dish HD, along with DirecTV HD is simply a little fuzzy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)