7.1 : most manufacturers going away from

shaak1943

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jun 20, 2005
Several years ago I purchased a 7.1 110watt per channel receiver from BB with the protection plan. A couple of months ago the receiver crapped out. BB had to send it to their repair center to determine if it was indeed DOA in order for me to get a new receiver. In the mean time I did some research on the current models available to make sure I would get one with comparable features/power. BB finally called me and said that the receiver was indeed dead and to come into the store to pick out a new receiver. I went in and was taken back to the AV dept lead who looked at a print out of what I had and said "I see that you had a 7.1 surround sound receiver."
"Yes." I said.
"Well, did you actually use the 7.1 surround sound?"
"Yes. I have 2 sets of back speakers." I replied
"Oh," says the BB guy "7.1 surround sound receivers are going to be hard to find... Most manufacturers are going back to the 6.1/5.1 surround schemes."
The look of incredulity I had on my face must have convinced him that I knew better; I had a print out of features for some of the newer 7.1 receivers carried by BB and told him which receiver matched the one I had.

FYI - do your homework before you go to buy

ir0nw0lf

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 19, 2006
Pensacola, FL
Good to hear you saw through the smokescreen that person put out. My personal mantra is this: do not believe anything a salesperson tells you without finding out yourself. No offense to any of you in the retail biz...

dantheman77

Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 18, 2005
st. louis mo
Good to hear you saw through the smokescreen that person put out. My personal mantra is this: do not believe anything a salesperson tells you without finding out yourself. No offense to any of you in the retail biz...

i am in sales, not retail, and i could not agree with you more!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)