7/14/2010 2:05pm - Uplink Activity Report - 33 changes

Why did they remove the sd version of some PBS stations and add HD versions.

they removed the SD versions of those channels and uplinked them in HD instead

normally on EA when a channel is in HD there is no SD counterpart unlike on WA where you'll see both SD & HD on WA

604 - KINOE [MPEG2 SD] moved from Echostar12 61.5W TP 21 ConUS beam to EchoStar3 61.5W TP 25 ConUS beam (A) (H)
607 - PLSAT [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar3 61.5W TP 29 ConUS beam to EchoStar3 61.5W TP 25 ConUS beam (PolSat 2) (A) (H)
608 - ITVN [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar3 61.5W TP 29 ConUS beam to EchoStar3 61.5W TP 25 ConUS beam (ITVN (Poland)) (A) (H)
609 - TVN24 [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar3 61.5W TP 14 ConUS beam to EchoStar3 61.5W TP 25 ConUS beam (TVN 24 (polish)) (A) (H)

International has moved to 8PSK transponder?????

This is interesting. Wonder if all the internationals at 61.5 W are going to be migrated to 8PSK to minimize bandwidth useage. It has been speculated that once E-15 is operational at 61.5 W that Dish will add back all the international programming so that EA subscribers don't need a second dish to get international programming from 118.7 W.

I called my folks in the Evansville market, but the HD locals are still not active. Have they still not been turned on, or do they need to reboot or something?

This is interesting. Wonder if all the internationals at 61.5 W are going to be migrated to 8PSK to minimize bandwidth useage. It has been speculated that once E-15 is operational at 61.5 W that Dish will add back all the international programming so that EA subscribers don't need a second dish to get international programming from 118.7 W.

So wonder what they would use 118.7 for then, if they move international to 118.7?

Internationals would still stay at 118 for western arc subs till they decide to ever transition to mpeg 4 for all western arc subs. I also remember that internationals would be available by iptv come this fall.

Looks like I need to order my EA dish. Evansville won't be moving to 119.:mad:.

I just signed up for D* today and no HD locals for Evansville is one of the reasons. I figure they will turn them on as soon as I get D* installed....

Internationals would still stay at 118 for western arc subs till they decide to ever transition to mpeg 4 for all western arc subs. I also remember that internationals would be available by iptv come this fall.

If I wanted to watch crappy internationals via the internet I sure wouldn't need dish! Plus the receivers dish is giving international subs won't do ip. They are still dishing out 311s and even refurb 301s to what dish considers "deadbeats." Their words not mine.

Last edited: