7/29/2009 1:19pm - Uplink Activity Report - 135 changes

Hi Everyone

Reporting here for the Puerto Rico people. I got every HD channel available to the other 48 states activated in my sub. without losing PR locals. While at the same time keeping the HD lineup added today on the 4900-4932 range form spotbeems 48/49 on sat 110. The other channels coming off from 61.5 and 110 are also active on the regular location (number) that appear for the rest of the nation. This I achived after two long hour on the phone with my new friends at Colorado's Advance Eng. Deptm.

Current PR with Gold HD / Platinum HD

Hi.

I know that today dish added more HD Channels on the 110 for the PR HD Pack. Currently I have Gold HD / Platinum HD with AEP with a 61.5 dish. I would like to know if the channels that I have right now on 61.5 that are also on 110 would appear on the 110 for me... for the signal to be stronger.

Right now my HD Channels are still shown up on the 61.5. I also don't have the 4900-49XX new HD range for Puerto Rico... well the only ones that I have and are open are 4921, 4922, 4923, 4924 [HBO, SHOW, MAX, STARZ]

Is there any way to get the other HD Channels on 110? and get them remap to the national hd number meaning 110 for FOOD-HD, etc.

Please advise,

Thanks
Mylo

Hi Mylo

Question for you. Do you have the PR DMA active in you account? This is the key to geting the new line up activated today. Today, I activated what you already have plus the new lineup of HD coming from 48/49 spotbeam sat 110 and kept my PR locals. I have more than 200 HD counting Distant Networks and repeated channels not including PPV channels.

Hi Mylo

Question for you. Do you have the PR DMA active in you account? This is the key to geting the new line up activated today. Today, I activated what you already have plus the new lineup of HD coming from 48/49 spotbeam sat 110 and kept my PR locals. I have more than 200 HD counting Distant Networks and repeated channels not including PPV channels.

This is what I currently shows under my account:

Current Programming: GoldHD, Classic Gold 250
Local Channels: Puerto Rico DMA Package
Premium Channels: PlatinumHD, HBO, Cinemax, Showtime Unlimited, Starz!
International or Ala Carte Add-ons: TV2 Receiver Connection, NBA League Pass, Nosports

So as you can see I have the PR DMA Package.. however I don't have the 4900-49xx new HD range on 110 sat.

Please advise.

Try to do cold restart - disconnect power plug for a minute or press power button for 5 sec.

I tried a cold restart pressing the power button for 5 secodns.. but after vip211 came back online the 4900-49xx channels are still missing from the guide. The only ones showing up are 4921,4922,4923,4924 [all are main movie channels - hbo, show, max, starz].

Any other idea?

Thanks in advanced,
mylo

I am having the same problem
I get the movie channels(Showtime TMC HBO HDnet,HDthrt,HDmovies,USA,TNT,ESPN all of those are the old ones

as for new channels the agent said I should be seeing channel 842(i think I just remember the name of that channel is V-Me) and new local channel 54

I can confirm I am receiving channel 54 but not v-me since its not in my package

Missing:
Just the new HD like cnn,spike,mtv,cnbc,disc,etc

current package:

Attachments

• dishinfo.jpg
    dishinfo.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 155
V-me isn't a new channel

V-me is part of the Public interest channels in the range of 9400, if you have Dish latino you will see it in ch 846. V-me was uplinked to 110 MPeg 4 Sd because its the only channel in the Latino pkg that it is on the 119. Univision and Galavision are on 119 too, but they are black out to PR.

Symbol you should see two V-me channels, one in Mpeg2 and the other in Mpeg4.

Yes I see them the only prob is I do not see the new HD channels and its getting me ticked with dish
I can get the current package fine without any problems, its just that the recently added channels do not appear on my receiver only missing new HD since the new SD local that was added appears on my list(channel 54)

Don't forget a lag between system tables changes [aka uplink report] and changing authorization on smart cards - that's a separate process what could take time if it going thru staggered stages.

Don't forget a lag between system tables changes [aka uplink report] and changing authorization on smart cards - that's a separate process what could take time if it going thru staggered stages.

I'm still without 4900-49XX new HD range on all my receivers [VIP622, VIP211k]. I rebooted the VIP211k but still a no go... they are not showing up on the EPG.

-mylo

Last edited:
Well... I'm still without the 4900-49xx HD channels on 110...

On my account I have Gold HD / Platinum HD.. I did a chat with a tech support from Dish and he said that in order to add the HD Pack to my account he must remove the Gold HD / Platinum HD. I told him to not change anything under my account since I have GOld HD and Platinum HD for more than 5 years.

He was unable to add the HD Pack.. however I know people on PR that they have Gold HD / Platinum HD and also the HD PACK.

I don't know what else to do.