722 vs 922 vs Hopper & Joey

I agree that a hopper and Joey is the better system with more recording options but it also costs more money.
You can watch recordings just fine from the other room with a 722 or 922 as long as you don't mind them being in SD. Also, If you are recording something TV2 won't be able to watch live TV.
So, with a 722, I am NOT able to: watch one channel on TV1, a second channel on TV2 and record a third channel to the DVR? But, I CAN do this with 1 Hopper and 1 Joey?

So, with a 722, I am NOT able to: watch one channel on TV1, a second channel on TV2 and record a third channel to the DVR? But, I CAN do this with 1 Hopper and 1 Joey?

Yes - 3 tuners vs 2 tuners.

An ad shown in KAB's post says "Free Hopper - $99 instant savings". Is that absolutely only for new subscribers? I am about in the middle of a two year agreement that started when I signed up for free HD for life.

An ad shown in KAB's post says "Free Hopper - $99 instant savings". Is that absolutely only for new subscribers? I am about in the middle of a two year agreement that started when I signed up for free HD for life.
Upgrade roulette is hit or miss. Some folks have scored free Hopper upgrades, but the standard for most current customers with a good rating is $100 each for Hoppers 1 & 2 with up to three Joeys included.

Last edited:

Don't believe that should matter,you can request DIRT to contact you about a Hopper upgrade in the Hopper forum.Good Luck!:)

Let us know how it goes OK?.;)

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and advice!

I have an appointment for next Friday for one hopper and one joey!!!!!!!!!!

OhioDon said:

If you get a 722k you can get an ota module and turn it into a 4 tuner system...

If you get a 722k you can get an ota module and turn it into a 4 tuner system...

You can do the same with the 922,with the MT2 you would have 2 SAT+2OTA.

The difference is during network Primetime a Hopper has the same as a 6 satellite tuners(4OTA) HDDVR,all the rest of the time it's 3 satellite tuners,and with the Joeys with 3 Joeys you can send an HD signal to 3 more HDTVs with 1 Hopper,for a total of 4 HDTVs with an HD signal,plus access your DVR recordings,plus access PPV and Blockbuster@Home.You just can't do all of that with the 722k or 922,sorry.;)

And don't forget after 24 hours you can view your network recordings with No Commercials(AutoHop).;):D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts