722k EHD problem with 752 software

ae4ac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 12, 2007
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Yesterday I installed a replacement 722k to replace an old one that lightening zapped :mad:

Everthing seemed to work ok except I could not watch the recordings on the external hard drive by going through "dish on demand" and "my recordings" as I could on the old machine and also on my other 722. That route only shows the recordings on the dvr and does not show the my media folder. I discovered that I could access the ehd using the "manage my media" route and highlighting the recording and selecting the view option. Also everything else related to the ehd like transfering to and from seemed to work.

Thinking this was a wrong setting I set in on trying to find an option to fix it. After searching everywhere I gave up and decided to call Dish. After being transferred to three different CSR's I was told that this was a change that was made in the latest software version update which the new receiver had and the previous one did not have. I questioned such a backward step in the ehd functionality but the CSR insisted that this was the case. I expressed my displeasure but of course all I got in response was "have a good day".

My question is has anybody else run into this situation, and is this really an intended effect of the new software? It requires several more steps to get to the ehd recordings. I cannot imagine they would intentionally make such a change unless they are trying to make the ehd more complicated to use and thereby discouraging its use for some reason.

Sorry about rambling on so much, but does anybody have any info???

Hmm, that does seem weird. Dish Network is backwards though. Would like a good explaination from Dish Network on this.

Yesterday I installed a replacement 722k to replace an old one that lightening zapped :mad:

Everthing seemed to work ok except I could not watch the recordings on the external hard drive by going through "dish on demand" and "my recordings" as I could on the old machine and also on my other 722. That route only shows the recordings on the dvr and does not show the my media folder. I discovered that I could access the ehd using the "manage my media" route and highlighting the recording and selecting the view option. Also everything else related to the ehd like transfering to and from seemed to work.

Thinking this was a wrong setting I set in on trying to find an option to fix it. After searching everywhere I gave up and decided to call Dish. After being transferred to three different CSR's I was told that this was a change that was made in the latest software version update which the new receiver had and the previous one did not have. I questioned such a backward step in the ehd functionality but the CSR insisted that this was the case. I expressed my displeasure but of course all I got in response was "have a good day".

My question is has anybody else run into this situation, and is this really an intended effect of the new software? It requires several more steps to get to the ehd recordings. I cannot imagine they would intentionally make such a change unless they are trying to make the ehd more complicated to use and thereby discouraging its use for some reason.

Sorry about rambling on so much, but does anybody have any info???

I am on 752 and I can access my EHD via My Recordings.

No such problem here...yes...have752. You should know a CSR is never going to be on top of such matters.

I had this same problem, when I switched from 722 to 722k. I found that after I moved a recording to the ehd that the My media showed up in the my recordings folder. Try it. It may work.

Thanks for the replies. I tried the transfer but still no show.

I really did not think the CSR's knew what they were saying. But strange that it affected my receiver but not others. Maybe one of the DIRT folks will read this and have some input???

Have you tried powering off the EHD? Did you get a screen saying "you have disconnected a multi-media device? And then powered back on...and the eventual screen message? If not, you might try it.

Have you tried powering off the EHD? Did you get a screen saying "you have disconnected a multi-media device? And then powered back on...and the eventual screen message? If not, you might try it.

try to disconnect the EHD USB, reset the receiver, wait till you get a picture, and plug the ehd back in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts